“Excellent”
Review of Willingcott Valley Golf Course - CLOSED

Willingcott Valley Golf Course
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just returned from a week in Ducks Cottage, great position, great swimming pool, well equipped cottage, comfortable beds. Very impressed and great communication from choice cottages will return in future

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week at this site and were a bit disappointed. The accommodation was booked by phone via the website link but we never actually stayed in one of the advertised houses which was puzzling. We had no hot water for a day, no cold water in the kitchen for 2 days, the place was a bit stained in places especially on the carpets. The one saving factor was the pool that the children loved and made up somewhat for the accommodation, it was warm and a great facility. I think the advertised properties are better...just a shame we appeared not to be in one.

Alan B, Owner at Willingcott Valley Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Here at Willingcott there are 72 privately owned cottages, of which only some are managed by us under the trading name of Willingcott Valley Golf Course. I am afraid that it would appear that you did not book via us as we not recognise you name or have the issues down in our log.
I am glad that your children enjoyed the swimming pool for which we are responsible, but I am afraid that your review of the cottage should have been logged against another company.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Well what can I say apart from a fantastic place. Great accommodation (we stayed in No 39 which is privately let) great food cooked to order by the owner Andy who's a really nice guy, a loverly little pond if you like to fish and they also do world class golf although I'm not a golfer it's got great reports. Finally I'd just like to thank Clive who made us all feel very welcome and keeps the best bar his Tribute ale is one of the best if not the best pint I've had he also does a world class Gin and Tonic. Loads to do in the area superb beaches and quaint villages.

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Never actually stayed at the accommodation, usually stay twice a year every year at the nearby Woolacombe Bay caravan site, but when weather permits, I have played the golf course each week I am in the area on holiday. (Mostly twice a week). The course is beautifully kept and a real but fair challenge. It is always a "holiday highlight" for me. It is definitely a hidden gem and great value. I have played Woburn, Mere, The Belfry (Brabazon), and many other top class courses yet this is still my favourite course. My son and I used to play Ilfracombe (another nice track) and Saunton until we "discovered" Willingcott. It is most definitely far, far better value than Saunton in my opinion and nowhere near as pricey - yet better kept than Saunton, in my opinion. The staff at Willingcott are really welcoming and will do everything to make your round really enjoyable. I always finish the round off with a great pint of beer in the clubhouse where the members are very friendly indeed. Only "downside" is I have never yet been there when the meals are on. I understand from friends I have told about the place that the meals are great too. Don't miss out on a round if you are on holiday in the area!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2013

to all families that are looking for a very peaceful time with a short drive to the beach this is for you, a stunning area to take long walks and kids to feed the ducks and stunning views, we arrived here on the 22nd of june 2013 and came back on the 29th, all the people are very friendly clive the bar owner is so funny and gives you a very warm welcome, the food at the clubhouse was to very high standards, will be going back next year loved it,

Alan B, Owner at Willingcott Valley Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Emily, Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you found us to be the perfect holiday spot. I will pass on your comments to all of our staff.