“Good Food, Great views, slow but friendly service. Also perfect for an early evening al fresco beer”

The Boardwalk Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 44 Restaurants in Woolacombe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

It has a great setting looking out across Woolacombe Beach to Putsborough. Best enjoyed from the couple of window tables inside (if you can get them) or even better on the terraced tables outside below the restaurant/bar. A brilliant brilliant place to enjoy a cold beer and take in the view on a sunny afternoon or early evening (if slightly pricey - £4 - £5 for a pint of lager).

We ate there one night. Took about 45 minutes from ordering to starters arriving which was a bit tedious for the kids, but otherwise the service was pleasant and friendly. Our food included a sea bass bursting with flavour (about £14), a very succulent burger (about £12) and reasonable kids spag bol at £6. Lemon cheesecake(£6) was to die for too - wonderfully zingy citrus leaping from every indulgent creamy forkful.

All in all, very good food and drink, a bit on the pricey side, with wonderful views and friendly but sometimes slow service. Felt like an end of holiday treat night...on a Thursday for us as we weren't up for the Friday Thai Curry specials night this week. Maybe next time...

1  Thank RoganJ
There are newer reviews for The Boardwalk Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had a lovely meal (the pork belly was amazing!) and were lucky enough to get a window seat to enjoy the views and the fireworks (thanks to the wedding at the hotel!!)

Lovely big portions and all food freshly made. Plenty of choice for the children too

A great place

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by the owners of our holiday let as I wanted to take my partner out for a birthday supper. I think I must be spoilt where I live because I'm afraid this Thai meal wasn't a patch on the ones I have had near home. The green chicken was far too hot for me to enjoy and the waitress was rather off hand and did not seem to know much about anything that was on offer. I'm sure this place Iam sure during the summer months but personally we were disappointed ..

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The view above Woolacombe Beach is one reason to eat at the Boardwalk, the other is the quality of the food. We've visited on several occasions at various times of the year, eating breakfast in the sunshine on the terrace, dining with friends at the window table on a summer evening and watching the sun go down and dropping in for morning coffee. We never been anything other than impressed with the quality of the food and the friendly service. It's one of our favourite restaurants in the area.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just had a superb Sunday Lunch at The Boardwalk Woolacombe.

I could not rate this restaurant highly enough if you are looking for a relaxed meal with friends or family, and we visit fairly often, never disappointed.

Usually I would never miss out on the opportunity for a roast dinner, but today I opted for Thai Curry (tempted as it is my favourite), which was beautiful! My husband had the roast which looked equally as good.

The staff are always friendly, and work incredibly hard to ensure your glass is never empty and you have everything you need. The children's menu is alway extensive and the staff really look after the little ones, treating them with as much importance as the adults. Our boy loves it there.

Parking is easy on the esplanade and the views are the best I have probably ever seen from a restaurant.

On a warmer day, dining Alfresco is a must, but in the summer booking is a must. Today we introduced friends from Bideford to the Boardwalk, who are keen to return. My brother had also visited the same day for breakfast and couldn't praise it enough.

Thank you Adam & all at the Boardwalk, for such a lovely restaurant on our doorstep.

1  Thank Naomi M