“Too hot for me!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
“Too hot for me!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by the owners of our holiday let as I wanted to take my partner out for a birthday supper. I think I must be spoilt where I live because I'm afraid this Thai meal wasn't a patch on the ones I have had near home. The green chicken was far too hot for me to enjoy and the waitress was rather off hand and did not seem to know much about anything that was on offer. I'm sure this place Iam sure during the summer months but personally we were disappointed ..

Braunton, United Kingdom
“Unbeatable view and great food”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The view above Woolacombe Beach is one reason to eat at the Boardwalk, the other is the quality of the food. We've visited on several occasions at various times of the year, eating breakfast in the sunshine on the terrace, dining with friends at the window table on a summer evening and watching the sun go down and dropping in for morning coffee. We never been anything other than impressed with the quality of the food and the friendly service. It's one of our favourite restaurants in the area.

Woolacombe, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just had a superb Sunday Lunch at The Boardwalk Woolacombe.

I could not rate this restaurant highly enough if you are looking for a relaxed meal with friends or family, and we visit fairly often, never disappointed.

Usually I would never miss out on the opportunity for a roast dinner, but today I opted for Thai Curry (tempted as it is my favourite), which was beautiful! My husband had the roast which looked equally as good.

The staff are always friendly, and work incredibly hard to ensure your glass is never empty and you have everything you need. The children's menu is alway extensive and the staff really look after the little ones, treating them with as much importance as the adults. Our boy loves it there.

Parking is easy on the esplanade and the views are the best I have probably ever seen from a restaurant.

On a warmer day, dining Alfresco is a must, but in the summer booking is a must. Today we introduced friends from Bideford to the Boardwalk, who are keen to return. My brother had also visited the same day for breakfast and couldn't praise it enough.

Thank you Adam & all at the Boardwalk, for such a lovely restaurant on our doorstep.

1 Thank Naomi M
Evesham, England, United Kingdom
“Nice to be back!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I first came to The Boardwalk last year when we stayed in Woolacombe for a week and had a superb meal. A year later and nothing has changed!! We have just had a cracking meal, beautifully cooked, with excellent service. We both had a very tasty crostini with goats cheese and mediterranean vegetables to start followed by for me a superb beef chilli and for my wife a slow braised pork belly, gorgeous. The owner Adam is an excellent host, very friendly and we made a promise, same time next year!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Glenn J
Church Crookham, England
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The sound of the waves greeted us as we opened the car door. Although it was already dark, the smell of the sea added to the anticipation. We had a great meal, service was faultless and this is a friendly venue. My smoked chicken croquettes were so delicately flavoured and the seafood linguini was delightful. Will come again.