We really enjoyed our bank holiday weekend camping trip at the Europa. The location and views were great and the facilities not bad. However, it must be noted that the park is very much aimed at a young age group - so there can be some noise on site. We did expect this and didn't have any problems when we stayed, but could see how the site would not appeal to families etc.
Overall we really enjoyed ourselves, however one complaint as others here seem to have noted is that the customer service here was really, really poor and staff seemed very unorganised. To summarise bad points:
1) Having to pay a cash deposit of £110! (£10 each) on arrival, which we weren't told about when booking. Two sections of our group enquired about prices, booked and paid separately over the phone in advance and neither party was told this. Can come as quite a shock when you arrive to find you are required to pay this money in cash!
Equally we enquired about why such a large deposit was required (as we were camping) and our reply was 'you could burn the grass'...? I advised that this really should have been stated over the phone when booking, the reply '...well it was on your confirmation email'.
2) Some of our party had arrived before us and had already checked in onto the site.
When checking in they originally told they couldn't find our booking and simply sent us away. When we fetched confirmation from the car our booking was then found and we were told to pay full price of parking and deposit for whole group. When we said our friends were already on site and had paid for parking etc. we were told that 'this was not possible'.
When it was found that yes they were already on site and had paid, the staff behind the counter seemed more concerned in arguing with one another over why some of our group had been checked in than assisting us (wasn't particularly professional). They then couldn't find our car registrations that had been emailed as requested in advance to them. Was just a bit of a shambles really!
3) More than one of the barrier key cards were wrongly coded for 1 nights stay when we were staying for 3. Caused quite a few problems/cars backed up when trying to get out of the park! Staff response when we had to rush into reception to get let out and alleviate a queue brewing behind our cars 'ow, that was probably so and so...'. Again, not so great customer service...
We did enjoy our stay at Woolacombe, so I don't want to put people off staying here if you are looking for a cheap and cheerful trip, however it has to be noted that the organisation and customer service from the staff was really poor and it should be taken note of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Europa is an upbeat family run site offering a duel holiday experience like no other. With laid back weekday breaks for families with kids and quiet chilled out groups to the mad weekend party break with your mates. Europa's 15-acre site really has something for everyone with a wide range of Camping and Accommodation, Special Themed parties (weekends only) to Children's Disco and Kids Activities (Weekdays only). Activities from February 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Europa Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europa Park Hotel Woolacombe
- Europa Park Woolacombe, Devon