“Excellent”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We turned up on a Saturday night without a booking, but this was no problem and we were warmly welcomed and immediately seated. There was already a large party of 20+ people and other smaller groups seated and at various stages of their meals.
The bar was very well stocked with a very good choice of beers, ciders and lagers and an equally impressive wine list.
Just as we were about to order another group of 12, who were not booked, were also greeted with the same warmth and again immediately seated.
We ordered and were served our starters very quickly. This was not expected due to the number of other diners in the restaurant. All we can say is that the starters were huge, hot and very, very tasty. We had white bait and crab cakes and both were really nice, served with a crisp, fresh salad.
Our mains followed very quickly, again surprising due to the numbers using the restaurant. We were not disappointed. We both had steak, a fillet and rib eye. Both were cooked as requested, served with another fresh crisp salad and trimmings, together with a side of vegetables.
All in all a thoroughly enjoyable evening with excellent service and quality of food. Well worth a visit. We will definitely be eating at The Tides in the future. Excellent.

• Visited October 2013

Letchworth, United Kingdom
“First visit and will definitely be going back!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have stayed in Woolacombe for the last three years but have never been to The Tides until this time around. I have to ask myself why one earth not!! We each had starters and deserts but couldn't manage pudding. The food was all perfect. Between the four of us we had mains of steak, pork shoulder, lamb shank and slow cooked beef in red wine. The portions were generous and everything tasted fresh and looked incredibly appetising. I cannot think of anything negative to say about the food at all. The lighting in the restaurant area gives a lovely atmosphere and the staff we very helpful. Also, for a drink on a nice evening their outside area is lovely with a view over the beach. Would definitely say that this place will be our first stop when we next go to Woolacombe!

• Visited September 2013
Braunton, United Kingdom
“Very Accomodating”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to the Tides Inn for my Dads birthday for the roast dinner. They had reserved us a very nice table looking out on to the sunset. It was great, the Tides staff were very accommodating - they included extra roast pots and veg when I said there were big appetites on the table. Which went down very well!!! They came round once it was served and checked we had enough.
I had brought my own cake with me and they looked after it in the kitchen and brought it out to us when I asked and then gave us plates to eat the cake there too!
Everyone had a lovely meal and a great time. Thanks Tides!!!

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Poor food”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place was recommended to us by friends, however i wont be passing on that recommendation. The setting was very nice and decorate fine, but it was the food that let this place down. My wife ordered a seafood platter and all items I can say looked and tasted like they came out of a packet in the freezer. I went for the steak and pawns. My food was average but went cold very quickly. In summary the food was extremely average and for the money we paid I would expect a lot more.

Visited September 2013
wiltshire
“a good alternative to the pricier places in Woolacombe”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place can’t quite decide if it’s a restaurant or an Inn, as the bar is big - most people seem to be eating although some just came in for a drink the tables are arranged quite formally for dining. Our burger and tuna were fine, nothing very special but nicely done.

• Visited September 2013