“All round pleasure”

Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This visit was fort leisure break. Room was excellent. Just what I needed. Restaurant dinner was magic. Thanks Chef! Leisure facilities were excellent for a short sports break. The sports massage was tough but very good what I needed too! Played golf last visit. Very well maintained course. So overall, this hotel is a great place to stay for rooms, meals, leisure, and golf. 10 out of 10!!

Room Tip: My room looked over the car park but views further out and sunny outlook. Perfectly fine for me. Pro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have just returned from a night at Woodbury Park. We booked with the Travelzoo offer so we weren't sure what to expect. We needn't have worried. This was our second stay there and it was just as good as the first. The hotel is relaxed and comfortable. The service from all the staff we came across was excellent. The gym and pool area are clean. We spent 2 hours relaxing by the pool on sun loungers reading newspapers. Our meal in the atrium far exceeded our expectations for this offer. The T-bone steak was amazing although we couldn't finish it so asked the waitress to wrap it up so we could take home for the dog! Breakfast was just as good. We will definitely return to Woodbury Park.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went for a mini break to the Woodbury hotel in Feburary 2013. On arrival the hotel was very clean and the decor tasteful so far so good looking at the menu in our room it sounded wonderful! On entering the Atrium we noticed only one other couple dining and it was cold , we ordered from the room menu to be told from the pleasant young waiter with very little command of english that they had a different menu, weduly ordered from that, when it arrived my main course looked the size of a starter and my husbands "medium" steak was burnt one end and raw at the other! There was no one to complain to so we left . Sadly next mornimg the breakfast arrived swimming in grease again no manager in sight. We ate out at lunch time to avoid eating at the atrium again and settled for a bar snack that evening..When the sandwiches arrived my filling wasnt what I had ordered and both sandwiches the bread was very stale....When going to the ladies I noticed the floor was 1" deep in water reporting this to the only member of staff on duty the barman who just put a caution wet floor sign outside the door! we filled in the form left in our room as requested stating our experience of our stay and no one has contacted us so we will not be returning...

Room Tip: A different hotel
1  Thank Claire s
Reviewed February 18, 2013

To cut a very long story short, I stayed here on business. There was a power cut. I couldnnt pay on departure due to power failure and so left strict instructions to staff about which card to take payment from. They promised to ring me before payment was collected. They didnt ring, and collected payment from wrong card.

I wrote to them explaining the issue and was contact immediately by an employee called Claire.

Claire sorted my problem immediately and even gave be a discount on the room rate.

Ive booked again to stay this week because apart from the problem I experienced but which was sorted out in super quick time, it was an immensely enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Joe H, General Manager at Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit and apologies about the confussion with collecting payment from the wrong card. Luckily power cuts are a very rare occurance, although the wind and rain we experienced last week was unpresidented we are working with Western Power to ensure there isnt a reccurence. Thanks again. GM

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was taken to Woodbury for a weekend treat we couldn't get a double room, all booked, but settled for a twin. The bedroom was fairly basic but had all the necessary things including iron and board the bathroom was spotlessly clean.
We had gone on a Travelzoo offer, bed breakfast and evening dinner, this restricted our choice on the main Dining room menu, we chose to order from the 'Relaxed Menu' which was basic but absolutely delicious food, I had the soup and lasagne. Both were excellent the lasagna the best I had tasted. All meals are taken in the Atrium which I found to be rather chilly when dressed in your sunday best dress.
One down side was the shortage of lounge space in the hotel - a nice comfortable space to relax and read your news paper, book or just have a coffee.
Top marks go to all the staff, from manager to chamber maids, they offer an excellent service nothing is too much trouble for them.
I found Woodbury Park a wonderful, friendly, happy place to stay and would make a return visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Firstly, Happy Birthday for last week! We are greatful for you choosing to spend your special day at Woodbury Park. Although I apreciate its too late for your recent visit, follwoing the conversation we had when you arrived we have now converted 5 additional rooms into doubles.
Feedback is an essential part our jobs, so thank you for leaving a review. We hope to see you again. GM

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Six of us have just stayed for a weekend in one of the cosy lodges available at Woodbury Park.

The lodge was lovely and warm and very well equipped (apart from there being no spare loo rolls and no corkscrew). The beds were comfortable and everything was spotlessly clean. There were plenty of complimentary toiletries.

Our stay included a spa day on the Saturday and we were looked after throughout with a special room reserved for us for morning coffee and lunch. The only thing I would say is that this room was rather like a boardroom and lacked any sort of atmosphere. Some comfy sofas and soft music would have been more in keeping with the spa theme. Unfortunately the sauna was not working during our weekend so that limited us to the pool and Jacuzzi. However, the treatments we had, (back massage and mini facial) were superb.

Dinner in the Atrium Restaurant on the Saturday was very good, although we had to remind the waitress that a glass of bubbly was included in our package. The Restaurant Manager was very helpful. We would have liked some pre-dinner cocktails but apparently the hotel bar does not do cocktails. Shame!

Breakfast on Sunday morning was the usual hotel buffet and there were no complaints from us.

Special mention goes to Victoria on reception who managed to help one of our party who was lost in the dark on Friday and unable to find the hotel. Her calm efficient manner ensured a happy outcome.

Room Tip: The lodges are away from the hotel in a quiet location. Take a torch as the paths are not well lit...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing to spend your weekend with us, since reading your review we have re-visited the amount of supplies that we leave in our lodges and perhaps more importantly have made sure there is now a cork screw in each kitchen. We are also reviewing the lighting !! Feeback really does make a difference and it enables us to improve, your time taken is appreciated. We hope to see you again soon. GM

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed for one night and attended a conference here in February.
The hotel is clean and comfortable ... not five star but it does not profess to be. My room was a bit small but the bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean and shower good. It wasn't anything special but it was straightforward and fine for me... it might be a bit small for two but it would be OK unless you were particularly fussy!
The conference room has very good facilities, i.e. large screen, flipcharts and projectors and all of these are 'built in' so the room is tidy and easy to work in. The only downside is that there is no natural lighting. Staff were on time bringing in the coffee/tea and the Danish pastries in the morning were really brilliant!! Not the usual Danish which are often fatty and horrible, these were really nice and light.
There is a lovely indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna so that was great to use in betweenwork sessions.
I thought the food was good although a couple of people were disappointed in the evening meal but I'm not sure what they expected.
The hotel was quite busy when we were there but the staff were still very helpful.
The hotel is in a good position for access to Woodbury Common (beautiful for rambling and walking), local beaches and Exeter.
Although I was working, I enjoyed the weekend because it was a comfortable place to be. If I were in the area on holiday, I would be happy to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback, we are glad you had a good visit and hope to welcome you back in the future. You should come to East Devon on holiday, within a stones throw of the Hotel we have beautiful, beaches, walks and countryside, it makes a beautiful destination. Thanks again. GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury Salterton
Holiday Inn Express Exeter
Victoria Hotel
Victoria Hotel
#2 of 13 in Sidmouth

Been to Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!