“Great food, Friendly staff.”
Review of The White Hart Inn

The White Hart Inn
The White Hart Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and i stayed here in a lovely comfortable room with a four poster bed which has recently been refurbished by the new owners/management.
The night before we choose the friday special homemade fish n chips and a bottle of wine.
The food was lovely, so much on the menu to choose from, all at reasonable prices.
Nice atmosphere and cosy log fire make it a very homely place to visit
Overall a very enjoyable stay, helpful and pleasant staff.
The new owners are a lovely family and wish them all the best in there new venture.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank helen t

Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stopped at this bed and breakfast as I was passing by. I was not asked to fill in a name and address form which I thought was rather odd but the keys were handed over. The room itself was beautifully furnished. On closer inspection though, the bathroom had not been cleaned. The glass was full of used toothpaste, the sink and bath had hair in them, an empty used toilet roll was left on the floor, I had a lovely hospitality tray but no cup and saucer!

I went back to the staff who were lovely. Although the management were there, they stayed in the background and did not apologise. The young girl at the bar went back to the room and cleaned it. However please shine the taps and clean the mirror in future as they were water stained and dull.

The bed was lovely and comfy

At breakfast, the young lad that waited was very pleasant. There were cereals in packets to help yourself to but no milk to have with them. There was no menu, I was just asked if I wanted a full english. I had to query what was in it. The breakfast was cooked well and was tasty but I was not offered any toast

On check out there was no one around at all. I left the key on the bar as I had paid the night before

I left feeling that the management could have done better. It is not enough just having a nicely decorated room

Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2010

No idea if this place is any good as the only telephone contact number is an O2 mobile which does not get answered as it diverts to the messaging service. Cant they afford a land line? Are they having difficulty paying their bills? If they exclude telephone bookings, they may as well throw the towel in now and save us all wasted time.

Because I could not speak with anyone, I could not book a table for the restaurant. Is this a professional way to run a business?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2009

My husband and i had the great pleasure of staying here. It was a fantastic place to stay and eat, Richard and Margaret are great hosts and have made this Inn a comfortable and homely place to stay and would highly recommend to everyone! . If Staying ask for the four poster bed, a lovely romantic room.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Home Farm Hotel
Wellington Farm Bed & Breakfast
The Heathfield Inn
The Heathfield Inn
#5 of 16 in Honiton

Been to The White Hart Inn? Share your experiences!