Millbrook Cottages
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Umberleigh
See available hotels
Highbullen Hotel(Chittlehamholt)
Park Hotel(Barnstaple)
The Imperial Hotel(Barnstaple)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe secret gardensummer househot tubwheel roomintimate weddingbread makerlittle touchesrunaway weddingprivate diningour honeymoonfreshly baked breadgrounds are amazingbob kateon arrivalbbq hutsoft music playingtotal relaxation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2014

As I run a cottage agency myself I'm always looking at details and my wife is worse but we were foiled by a perfect stay at Millbrook. Bob & Kate really looked after us and the icing on the cake was that I could sneak out at dawn to cast a fly whilst my wife slept in and then return for breakfast without losing any brownie points at all.

Really enjoyed the barbecue and wandering around the grounds to find a quiet spot to sit and read.

Just feels like it's run by people who care.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had just voted for Millbrook in the West Country Wedding Awards, when it occurred to me that I still hadn't left a review from our runaway wedding in August! A travesty, considering how I was glued to this site for a year previous!

Millbrook is just breathtaking! I'd always dreamt of getting married in a Garden surrounded by beautiful flowers, so couldn't believe my luck when we fell upon this place!

Our day was so magical, nothing was too much trouble for the staff from making our initial inquiries. The day went without a hitch, Linda and Nikki were wonderful, attentive and calming when I was jittery.

I was made to feel like a princess without feeling uncomfortable with it, no pomp and ceremony just genuine warmth and a clear love for what they do. Millbrook made our wedding Beautiful beyond our wildest dreams.

We booked the dining experience and decided to keep it simple by ordering an amazing picnic, provided by the vintage party company on Linda and Bob's recommendation. We were engaged over a picnic so this fitted with our theme wonderfully!

We were constantly surrounded by beauty, the attention to detail in the accommodation is exceptional, it seemed we kept finding little treats wherever we looked. I'd forgotten my perfume and that was covered by Vera Wang, conveniently placed on the fairy-tail dressing table, now my favourite perfume.

There was a slight hiccup during our stay, and Bob called us personally although he was away, and couldn't do enough to rectify and compensate.

I've never met nicer people in my life, Rebecca Roundhill succeeded beautifully in getting me through my photography phobia! A task I had thought impossible. Thankfully I have outstanding permanent reminders of just how special this fantastical corner of the world is.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Secret Garden which unfortunately is no longer available, however I cannot imagine that any of the other cottages would be less impressive.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Lovely wedding low key no fuss and romantic... the grounds are so lovely the staff are friendly and really help out. We stayed at Rose Cottage and really chilled out the bed was the best bed I have ever slept in due to high quality bed linen. We took our children and made it a holiday it was worth every penny and I’m in love with Devon... so much so we are saving up for our own little holiday home.... as the whole Millbrook experience has inspired us...to anyone hoping for a country wedding with close friends GO FOR IT X

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Millbrook Cottages are very comfortable with a little luxury so that you feel very relaxed and special. The furnishings are well thought out, beautiful and homely. Staff are welcoming and attentive. The grounds are a joy if you have a dog with you or just for a walk in the fresh air.
Will be coming back soon. Nice touches with welcome cake and chocolates in the bedroom.
Bed was so comfortable, quality linen robes supplied for your stay all made our three nights fabulous.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christine_costello
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had our runaway wedding at Millbrook, and stayed in Lakeview, everything went beautifully, Bob ,Kate, Linda, Lisa made everything so easy, and all so very helpful. Top class accommodation, nothing too much trouble. Would highly recommend. Couldn't of asked for a nicer place for our wedding. Thank you to all involved at Millbrook xx Carol & Stuart Day

Room Tip: Lake view is very beautiful accommodation I would highly recommend
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple