The Rising Sun Hotel
TripAdvisor
Mole Cottage(Umberleigh)
TripAdvisor
Rosie Banks B&B(Umberleigh)
All reviewsthe pubsteak nightstaff ownersfamily mealexcellent menureal charactercoddog walkwarm welcomeprevious ownerseach eveningstayed for one nightfeel very welcomethree nightsnothing too much troublegreat hostsexcellent stay
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I recently had a meal with some friends at the Rising Sun as we heard it was under new management. We had a lovely time, the food was delicious (I had steak) and it was well presented and came with scrummy chunky chips, mushrooms and onion rings followed by apple crumble, my friends were also very pleased with the meals that they chose which I believe is all home made. The management and staff were all very friendly and welcoming and it sounds like from the old reviews they have done a great job in turning the pub around.
If I had to pick any negatives then it would be that the ladies toilet could do with a bit of a re vamp but may-be they have plans to do that and that after our meal we stayed for a while to have a drink and it would have been nice to relax in a more comfy chair/sofa rather than sitting at our table but overall this is a lovely pub with great food and the new owners are doing a great job and would definitely return. Train station just up the road so depending on train times, this would be easy to get to from Exeter or Barnstaple & leave the car at home!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DevonSharon
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We recently stayed there for 3 nights what a wonderful relaxing place. Nothing was to much trouble. Staff very friendly and welcoming and always had time to chat with you. Service was excellent and the food fantastic. We will definatley be staying again.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We spent a couple of nights here whilst visiting Devon recently. It's recently changed hands and although we didn't visit previously, from the comments of the locals, it seems there have been great improvements. We found the staff welcoming and helpful. The food was excellent - good traditional pub food. I'm not a beer drinker myself but my partner certainly had no complaints and I can recommend the 2 ciders on tap. We shall certainly visit again when next in the area.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Best roast lunch out in a long time. After reading previous reviews we were a litttle sceptical, however its recently changed hands and the staff friendly and welcoming, nothing too much trouble, will definately be visiting again to sample the rest of the menu.

1  Thank Jo B
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited the Rising Sun to find it was under new managment. The landlord made us welcome, and the staff stopped to chat. I hope they do well in the future as this lovely village deserves a great pub.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple