Bridleway Cottages at Golland Farm
$84
Mole Cottage(Umberleigh)
Rosie Banks B&B(Umberleigh)
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Our 4 night stay at Roe Cottage on Golland Farm was excellent. The welcome cream tea and provisions were much appreciated. The cottage was clean and well equipped and nothing was too much trouble for the owners. Beautiful scenery and a great place to base ourselves for visiting surrounding areas. I was a bit apprehensive when reading the previous review, but I really cannot understand their comments. If you are looking for a full on, entertainment location then better of going to a holiday camp, equally if you are put off by animals - then bear in mind it is a farm after all! but if you are looking for a get away from it all break, this place has it all. I would certainly recommend it .

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank FairyGlenners
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We have just came back from a weeks holiday here... On arrival we had to kill time as the lady was still cleaning it, which was fine. But when we were allowed in we though the shippen which we were staying was a large shed like holding building. The first thing that hits you it the floor to ceiling windows. As you can not see through them due to the dirt, and seal has gone so there is herrendous dried up condensation in every window. When i say you can't see out of them i am not exaggerating, which is such as shame as the views are outstanding. The second thing thats hits you is the herrendous DAMP smell its everywhere!!! There is a bathroom in a bedroom downstairs which has no window in it, so you are sat in a dungeon like bathroom. There is no shower curtain over the bath so it is near impossible to not wet the unhygienic carpet in there, which put ontop of the fact we couldnt use the shower upstairs as the shower doorl (which never got fixed) fell in on my mother-in-law had to be used by eight people. The smell and damp in the downstairs room caused me to have to cut our holiday short due to becoming ill with my Asthma.
All the fixture and fittings are cheap mix match which look like they have just been thrown in to furnish the place (Nothing luxurious what so ever).....
The communal dryer has a large sigh on it which states OUT OF ORDER not good with the eight people staying with us, along with people staying in the other accomodation. Also not good when all you clothes stink due to the smell of the house, we needed to wash everything even clothes not worn as they smelt by the end of the holiday to, we were shamed to go anywhere knowing our clothes smelt.
We were not happy to see on the back door steps, and the step from the bedroom doors were caked in bird waste which has clearly never seen, hot water, brush and soap and a bit of scrubbing... Terrible!!! you could not even step on them due to this i once again did my best to clean them with what i had..
The play room for the children is a filthy barn with a old ping pong table and some really old dirty toys, the children were less than impressed.
We took one small dog on holiday with us who is extremely well behaved never barks and is rather timid and shy (he does not leave our side really by a few steps). He was the only one who really enjoyed himself on the walks.
There are a couple of very dirty jack russells which is expected as it is a farm, but not good everytime you leave your door open you turn around to see little dirt footprints all over the carpet which you could see due to old dirt marks this was a regular accurance. (They would not leave it was a nightmare) ive later found out his is the ladies personal property, hence why they kept coming in. There are also other large dogs locked up in a cage which constantly bark.... annoying to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!........

On leaving the property my in laws cleaned the accomodation the best they could with what they had, the hoover which i used every morning to keep the dust and cobwebs at bay because of my asthma, was no use what so ever just hardly picked anything up. There were no cleaning products so we bought cleaning spray, but on arrival the kitchen sides had engrained sticky resedue which was impossible to get off but we tried the whole holiday.
The only thing we did not do it empty the bin as we had ran out of bin bags.
A few days after i had arrived home, but the same day my in laws had come home i recieved the rudest email requesting an additional 100gbp for additional cleaning bill, we were gobsmacked. When i replied stating all the above she them emailed me back with a rain of insults, including calling my poor dog, which was unbelievable i couldnt believe it. This is clearly something they do on a regular basis to scam more money of you as believe me we should be being refunded some of the 595gbp we paid for the break. As it was not a break at all, i came back ill, dirty, feeling unclean, i spent two days in the dry cleaners cleaning every item of clothing. The list is endless Please take BEWARE and DONT GO!!!! it is DISGUSTING!!! I am actually taking action myself now regarding all of the above i was going to not mention anything and just never go or recommend it to anyone, but since recieving these nasty, unprofessional and insulting emails.. i am now determined to make sure no one goes throught what we have... BE WARNED!!!!!!!!! pictures to follow

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family