Angel Guest House
    The Lion Hotel(Dulverton)
    Good 3.5/5
    • Restaurant
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewschris and suefour poster bedpoached eggsb bpacked lunchgreat place to staycycling triphomemade chocolate browniescentral locationlocal producebrilliant breakfastfront door keyneeded somewherewould stay againother guestsstayed here for one nightreal ale
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Angel Guest House on day 2 of our Land's End - John O'Groats trip and so had our bikes with us. The hosts are very happy having cyclists staying, which is great, it makes you feel less like you're being a nuisance with your bike in tow.

Our hosts were really welcoming and happy to help out. Our bikes went in their shed/garage at the back of the property. Apparently, we could also have opted for a sports massage as they're fully kitted out and trained to provide them in-house. I was disappointed I hadn't clocked this earlier!

Our room had all the basics and was bright and clean. It wasn't luxurious but that's not what you'd expect for the bargain price that it is.

Breakfast in the morning was good - porridge was thrust upon us with the sage advice "this'll kick in at 11am" and then there was the option for a full English afterwards (my boyfriend accepted, I just stuck with toast). It was nice to have someone fully appreciating the mammoth day we had lined up in a 'cyclists united' kind of way!

As we headed out of the door, we had our photo taken for their website - apparently they have a lot of LEJOG-ers and they like charting our progress. I thought that was a really fun touch and rounded off our stay nicely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed July 15, 2013

Picked here on the basis of trip adviser, and couldn't be more right. Particularly amenable and 'Customer focussed' (as we now say) hosts. A pleasant, clean, Georgian town house with some parking to rear and some street parking in front. useful offer of packed brekkers for those Hot air Balloonists who use it, and just a very pleasant 10 minute walk to the Festival site.

Room Tip: All windows are double glazed I believe, so quite nicely quiet. we were at the back.
    • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed July 5, 2013

What a great B&B. no it's not a boutique B&B - thank goodness!
    Super value, very clean. Yep shared bath / shower rooms but no problems as there with plenty of towels and hot water.
    Great little pub round the corner with 4 super local cask ales and 4 ciders.
    A quiet and great nights sleep followed by a top notch English breakfast.
    Finally thanks to Chris and Sue the owners.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
    1  Thank 22laf
    Reviewed May 23, 2013

Friend and I stayed here on the last night of our cycle tour of Somerset and Devon. We stayed for only one night, and arrived early. We called ahead as we were running ahead of schedule. It was no problem for us to drop our bikes and bags off before wandering round town. Had I done a bit more research I would have booked a sports massage, also available courtesy of the prproter's physio wife.

Room was lovely and even had a bath, not the usual showerroom. Slept really well and breakfast was spot on. Another place to revisit in the future.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the four poster room.
    • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
    Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Had an excellent nights stay, the room was spacious, and the bed was comfy, a little road noise but I'm used to that! There was excellent recommendations for places to eat and drink, and they even didy breakfast early so I could set off on my ride in plenty of time! Best b and b en route so far!

• Stayed: May 2013