“Despite the stairs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gate of India - CLOSED

Gate of India
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Despite the stairs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

When I suggested to my husband that we go out for a meal to celebrate our 17th anniversary, although he has mobility problems, he immediately said ' the indian place we go to with the stairs' they have lovely currys all cooked to order and a great selection of desserts, beautifully crafted they are all ice creams or sorbets but ones you would never find elsewhere

Visited February 2014

“Absolutely Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for a Valentines meal with my Girlfriend. My first impressions were very good as the friendly staff offered to take our coats which was very polite. The restaurant itself was very clean and very well presented.

The service was excellent. The meals were delivered to the table very quickly and the food was lovely and very hot. Generally the staff were very friendly and helpful.

There was a good atmosphere within the restaurant and we will definitely be visiting again. We visited another Indian Restaurant in Tiverton a week prior to this and it was very poor compared to The Gate Of India.

Thoroughly recommended.

Visited February 2014
“Christmas Day supreme”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Went to the Gate of India for the Christmas Day Banquet. The food is not from the standard menu, it is a set menu of dishes not had before. Their was so much, all beautifully presented and extremely tasty, they even cooked me a one off special extra hot curry because they know I like extra hot food. We ate all we could, their were 5 of us, they pack up what you cant eat, for you to take home, we took home 3 whole chickens, 3 chicken leg curry dishes, 2 lamb curry dishes, 2 whole nan breads and 2 rice portions. Unbelievable quality and value for money, it just cant get any better. Despite it being full to capacity the service was always prompt, very friendly and all the food was hot. 5 very full and happy customers and enough left for the next 2 days at least.

• Visited December 2013
Tiverton
“Excellent Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I visit this Restaurant about once a month. What I like is the consistency. I can always guarantee the high standard of food. I would definitely recommend the Gate of India for anyone who likes Curry and friendly service!

1 Thank LuisGordon
“superb again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

went to the Gate of India Friday night both our meals were as good as it gets. Great depth of flavours and the Madras was hot. I cook a lot of Indian food and this is as good as it gets. Service was discreet but always their.

• Visited October 2013