“Lovely Location”

The Ducks Ditty Bar
Ranked #2 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Tiverton
Description: The Ducks Bar is fully licenced, with a range of Great Wines to tickle your taste buds, available by the glass or bottle!, . . Real Ales, Cold Lagers and Ciders including Devon's Sandford Orchards on draught. Together with other soft drinks we stock Fentimens Soft Drinks, all served in an old-fashioned barge style! Coffee / Food / Ice-Cream . . . The Ducks Ditty is a genuine Artisan Coffee house – Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha or Hot Chocolate, alongside tempting sweet Cakes & Treats including lovely Marshfield Scoop-Ice-Cream. But should you be feeling hungry we are proud to serve the range of award winning " Chunk of Devon " Hot Pasties. ie: Pork & Scrumpy, Cheddar & Onion, Steak, Steak & Blue, Chunki Roast Vegetable and the lovely spicy Chicken & Chorizo. (Served in the old canal way, eat in or takeaway) Ps) We are not a Restaurant, and our service may be slower with large coffee/pasty orders. The Ducks Bar is a Seasonal Business - Opening Times Vary See Website.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Discovered on our way home from holidaying in Cornwall. Fantastic location and great food/drink. Make sure you try some of the ice cream! Service can be improved and when we visited it had limited opening times.

1  Thank rapidpete

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visired this place after a lovely walk along the canal with family who rarely meet altogether as we are at opposite ends of the country. Was a total disaster from star to finsh which in principle started with the fact that they don't accept payment by card (no sign of payment by caah only anywhere on the premises) we weren't advised of this and the lady continued to take a big order for six of us regardless. Once being told that it was cash only we dug deep into our pockets and scraped together 51p short of the £23.70 owing including my husband having to give up his unopened bag of crisps to help settle the bill. As there was still the 51p owing they wanted my father to drive to the cashpoint and leave his driving licence there as effectively collateral! My dad refused to do this and volunteered to give his name and address in good faith and he would send a cheque. This was refused and the manager was summoned by the staff who equally was dead set on getting her 51p back. She refused to accept responsibility for lack of signage or staff negligence for not ponying out cards are not accepted. All in all this put pay to what would really be a nice round off to our family weekend. The pettiness that was made by this company for the sake of 50p was completely unforgivable.

4  Thank Katie S
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Popped into the Ducks Ditty on a drizzly summer afternoon for a snack after our walk along the canal. The barge has been beautifully restored and decorated to a high standard with comfortable seating. It was very quiet but I would imagine on a good Summer's afternoon it would be packed. Good choice of menu. Liked the nice touch of the duck stencilled on my cappuccino! Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I love coming here for a nice ice cream made by Marshfield farm .The prices are the going rate and the service was great. They have very friendly staff which is rare to see at other places.The decoration in the boat was lovely and traditional for the canal. A great place to go for everyone

1  Thank miniwhominds
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Firstly, to use either of the tea rooms at this location, you have to additionally pay to park too.
Having seen how cute this floating cafe looked, I duly paid my parking and climbed on board. Theres no denying it is a pretty boat and pretty setting.
The young man that served me was very pleasant and friendly. I ordered a coffee and one of their slightly differently filled Pasties, which were a bit pricey. I expect no less than for it to have been microwaved or "super cooker" cooked but it was overcooked. The filling was so hot I would have scalded my mouth had I not realised and none of the crust was edible because I couldnt get my knife into it. Very disappointing. They were not overly busy....
However, when I pointed out the issue to the young lady who was serving there she did without hesitation offer to do me a fresh one or to give me my money back and I took the latter option. Hopefully for others visiting, I was just unlucky.

2  Thank Gail T