“Good place on a cold evening”
Review of Golden Buddha

Golden Buddha
Ranked #40 of 82 Restaurants in Tiverton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good place on a cold evening”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We visited for an early evening meal and are vegetarian which does limit the choice somewhat. The welcome was friendly and we were given help with our choice. There was a little child in teh restaurant who was being made a great fuss of by the lady in charge and the chef which I thought was nice. The food was freshly cooked and good if a trifle bland - I had the mock duck which is quite rare!

I will return and give this another try - their puddings sound excellend. It was good value.

• Visited February 2013

Batley, United Kingdom
“Very nice thai food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

came here on a monday on my own and the restaurant was very busy, which is a good sign you have to admit !!

staff were happy and friendly

menu was nice though the quality of them was a little cheap, which was suprising because the decor throughout the rest of the restaurant was lovely, solid chairs. menu's are a good chance to have an "about us" section and a little bit of quality is noticed but these were cheap

I had grilled satay prawns which were a bit oily and greasy to say they were grilled!! but very tasty especially the satay sauce, and excellent presentation

mixed seafood and vegetabke noodles were very nice though I couldnt finish them all

noodles were lukewarm, maybe they were made en mass in the kitchen to make it easier to serve

a lime and soda which was served like never anywhere before, glass with ice, mini schweppes bottle of soda and the lime cordial was in a jug, allowing you to pour your own - silly little thing but it impressed me !

would definately return, cheap menu's and lukewarm noodles prevented 5 stars

• Visited January 2013
Devern
“One of my favourite Thai Restaurants in the UK”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've eaten in many Thai restaurants around the UK from Kent to North Yorks and this has to be one of the most pleasant. From the greeting on arrival to the bill the service is excellent, not intrusive but the Thai's seem to have a knack of that.

The meals were not as spicy as I would like, but then thats probably personal taste. The sour soup's which are my favourite dishes need "pepping" up a bit from standard if you like a bit more heat, but I am sure if asked they would do so.

Overall whatever we have eaten has been hot, well prepared and generous. I introduced my elderly mother to this restaurant and she came back a few times after that taking her friends there.

Recently I have introduced my partners 14 YO to Thai and he now asks to go there if questioned where he would like to eat, cant say fairer than that from a typical "burger munching" teenager :-D

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice food, friendly staff, dated restaurant”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Eat here one a table for one when I was in Tiverton for business. The food was very good, although could be more spicy - the waitress did make an issue of saying she hoped it wasnt too hot - and I did feel like saying I wanted it more spicy!!

The decor here is awful - 70's wood panelling and some tacky decorations.

Dont go here for the decor, go for the food - I dont think you'll be disapointed.

The staff here as also great

Visited December 2012
Devon
“Best Restaurant in Tiverton”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have eaten in the Golden Buddha many times over the past few years. It is easily the best restaurant in Tiverton. The choice of dishes on the menu is extensive. The food is excellent, beautifully prepared and tastes superb. The staff are very friendly - always a warm welcome whenever I go there - and the service is very efficient. My wife and I dine there quite often and we have taken several friends there. All of them have been impressed and wanted to go back again. I have never had a disappointing meal there

• Visited September 2012