“It could be better”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We live within Tiverton, which I have to say is lacking in good pubs and places to dine, so this pub has no competition. On the whole the place is clean, the food is your typical Wetherspoons, boil in a bag, with nothing freshly prepared, it takes no particular skill to serve this sort of food. It is value for money and you do get a good sized portion, recommend that you go early on Curry nights, by 7pm they have run out of the good old favourites and any specials that they might have. It is a shame that there is a new manager, who appears to be hell bent of jamming in loads of tables, why they have a dining table by the ladies loo is beyond me, this particular corner would be best suited for one or two of the slot machines that have now appeared, which look terrible!

1  Thank Micksgirlfriend
There are newer reviews for The White Ball Inn

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Never ever be persuaded to go any where near this place, it's never cleaned, plates hours old left on tables, and if you could get a member of the so called staff to stop talking you would be lucky, just read some of the other reviews about this place, I just wish Mr Tim Martin (owner) would visit, I believe even he would close it down??? I have been in other Weatherspoons places and had far far better. (I am and ex publican)

1  Thank Mick T
Reviewed January 12, 2013

the' no dog policy' was stretched to ridiculous.
sat outside under the pub umbrella with two small well behaved jack russells, it started to pour. we were told that we would have to finish our pints and go. we tried for another drink anyway,and was served by someone different who said with a smile if we had dogs. when i said yes, i was refused service as if i was underage or drunk. tad embarrasing in front of a queue of people. the dogs were on leads and are pub dogs. i am a publican. there was no one else outside. disgusting. so we went of to another pub, where the dogs were welcome inside, the service better and the pints just as cheap. i then told the whole pub what happened to me. no ashtrays on tables and no one to clear the glasses. ineptitude and lack of consideration.

2  Thank ajbkaraoke
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We visited the White Ball on Saturday the 15th of December for a couple of drinks with friends. One of my friednds are from the Isle of Man and so has a manx driving license.

When we went to the bar to order some drinks the bar man asked us all for ID (Which is fair enough) but when my friends showed them her Isle of Man drivers license they wouldnt accept it by replying that it was a foreign driving license and they couldnt accept it!! with all respect if foreigner had gone in there with a driving license im pretty sure they wouldnt have experienced the rudeness we recieved on our visit and refused a drink because they hold a 'foreign' driving license as they called it! When the manager was called over he was no better and was still extremely rude about it. We will most definately not be visiting ever again and will shy as many people as possible from visiting either. 1 star is too generous in my opinion!

1  Thank Jeian L
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Good prices, great food, good service, we ate here for two nights due to the choice and standard of food :)