“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Location was spot on, minutes from motorway. Not the most picturesque but good parking and fine once inside. It felt welcoming and I was fortunate to get an Exec room. Not boutique but everything worked and the shower was great. Free wi fi helped. Agree about cold but the radiator gradually warmed up. The restaurant was a bit costly for my expenses but the steak I had in the lounge was one of the best and the real ale was brilliant. Nicely decorated for Christmas the hotel had a great atmosphere. Breakfast was excellent as well. However I have saved the best for last... The staff were great in all departments, they all seemed happy and that reflected around. Would I go again, Most certainly

Room Tip: I was allocated an exec room. You needed to swipe your card to get into this section of rooms. For l...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear rodm47,

Thank you so much for your great review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'll pass on your comments to my great team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, please check our website which always has the best rates.

Rhys Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Have used this hotel many times over the years, spacious bedrooms, wide choice for evening meal, real ale (which is always a bonus in a hotel ), buffet breakfast was varied and tasty although I am not a lover of buffet breakfasts this was acceptable. However the Bedroom was just warm enough, but the water in shower was freezing – I hate cold showers, perhaps the meter needed another shilling !!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear MalcolmWW,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review and for your support over many years.

Firstly my apologies for the cold water, this was due to a main boiler failure overnight and bizarrely our back up system failed too and we were not able to the system fully functioning properly until early afternoon next day. This unforeseen failure affected a number of guest bedrooms and your room was obviously one which was affected.

I hope this isolated incident doesn't change your view about returning and I would appreciate the opportunity of personally arranging your reservation and use that opportunity to apologise directly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel as it was very close to my father who is not very well at the moment. And was so happy with it.the staff was very helpfull and the room was very clean the food was very good as well. I have told all my family about this hotel and they will be booking there as well. The only down side for me was blankets on the bed a thing of the past I think. Once again thank you for a great stay. And thank your cleaner's for such a clean room they do a great job.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear donnaone,

Thanks for your great review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I'll pass on your kind comments to our brilliant housekeeping team.

Just one point for your information, we are phasing out the use of blankets, this year we changed to duvets for all our superior rooms and we will be doing the same for all our standard rooms over the winter. I should also point out that Best Western have asked all their hotels to phase out blankets in all rooms by 2015.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

What can I say? As a businessman whom travels away from home a fair bit, I think I know what counts in a good hotel.

Having stayed away on business some 65+ times so far this year! and over 40 of them at this hotel, I believe this is everything you can ask for. The staff are polite and very helpful, and nothing is too much trouble. Jo, and her team on reception are your first point of call, and you know from that moment that your stay will be a pleasant one.

The rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped, and the beds comfortable. I'm one who gets hot at night and the temperature is easily controlled allowing a good nights sleep. In the bar area, James is a welcome sight when yet another hotel evening is calling. A smiling face is what you want when your in a hotel as much as I am, and as with all the other staff, James offers this.

The food is as you would expect, and with a choice of bar meals or Al La Carte menu in the main restaurant they cater for all tastes. Breakfast is hot and well stocked. Not left to dry out like so,e hotels. Colin manages breakfast and his team perfectly to ensure a good start to the day.

To the general manager, Mr Roberts, please do not change anything, your staff are doing a great job, and I will continue to stay whenever I can.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but if you can get an executive room, there is more space again.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Deano175,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I and my team are delighted at the comments and I will make sure that all the people singled out will be made aware of your comments.

In your review you point out how many times you stay in hotels over the year it seems to me that the Best Western loyalty card would be ideal as it offers many benefits for the hotel user and of course the more times you stay in our hotels, the more benefits you accrue. If you haven't yet applied for a rewards card, please mention it with our reception team next time your here and they would be able to advise how you can obtain a card.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you on your return.

Rhys
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

From the outside of the hotel it looks like a 1970's apartment block and a bit run down, but once inside these fears are well and truly put to bed. A very nice hotel, friendly staff, nice rooms, excellent food. I will have no hesitations in staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Scott P,

Thanks for your great review, we appreciate your comments on the quality of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Please check our website when you plan to return as our site will always offer the best available rate.

Rhys
Padstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years. It is closely situated to the M5. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and the staff are quite welcoming. The food is basic but always presented well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Wendy R,

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review and I'm delighted that one of our regular guests finds so many positive things about the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and please look out for the special offers on our website.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The staff in this hotel could not be more friendly or helpful. They made my time there a pure pleasure. The girls in reception were always welcoming and I found the bar and restaurant staff equally pleasant and prepared to put themselves out to help.
Congratulations to the management of this hotel for acquiring and training such a professional team of workers.

Dear Tim,

Thank you for your kind review and comments on our team here at the hotel.

Obviously I can't help but agree and my thanks for everything you did during your time with us.

Best wishes for the future, keep in touch.

Rhys Roberts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
The Hartnoll Hotel
Best Western Exeter Lord Haldon Country Hotel
Angel Guest House
Angel Guest House
#4 of 33 in Tiverton

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!