“shocking service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
yorkshire
“shocking service”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Unfortunately this being my first stay at a Best Western...it will be my last. The service has been the worst I have ever encountered in a hotel. Certainly not described as 'Best' as in the name. The room was poorly prepared and was like a sauna. The bathroom was dated and not up to a hotel standard. Blankets on the beds???? That is very unhygienic and the bed was far too soft. Thus, not a great nights sleep and then we had to encounter the surly receptionist. She issued no greeting whatsoever or how was our stay. My partner asked her if there was a form for comments and her reply was 'it's online'. So we had no choice but to come away and voice our concerns later on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yorkiegirl72
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Yorkiegirl72,

I'm sorry that didn't enjoy your stay and behalf of everyone here we apologise for that.

I've picked up the points you raise with my key team leaders, for reception giving a warm welcome is the least we should be doing and we didn't get that right. Your room too should not have been too hot, as well as being uncomfortable we are wasting money and no one likes that.

I did just wanted to reassure you about the hygiene of our beds, we take this extremely seriously, as well as changing bedding daily, all blankets and covers are regularly cleaned and we will be moving to triple sheeting in line with all Best Western Hotels soon. We have many guests who like the blankets but are superior rooms are moving to duvets next year which many of our guests have asked for.

When we've finished these I'll let you know and I hope you do try other best Western Hotels, we have some fantastic properties in great locations and I'd recommend them to you.

Rhys Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Devon
Reviewed November 16, 2012

lovely hotel good sized rooms, comfortable beds,had another weekend here just to get away and will certainly go back. Staff very friendly and if you go you must eat in the restaurant the food is absolutely delicious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear EllieDevon,

Thanks for your great review on our facilities and friendly staff, we love it when our guests relax and enjoy themselves whilst staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the hotel in the future.

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My children and I were guests at a wedding on the 10th November, I'd just like to say that we had an amazing weekend.
We stayed in a family room which was very spacious, it was novel having blankets on the beds, reminded me of when I was a child! We had an abundance of towels, and also bath robes, I was impressed with the quantity and quality of toiletries that were provided.
The breakfast on the Saturday and Sunday morning was delicious, there was a very good selection of food, something for all tastes.
The wedding breakfast was out of this world, from start to finish I couldn't fault it and I am a very fussy eater!! The only thing I can find to complain about is the prices charged at the bar, I did feel that they were rather steep..
On a whole I felt that the hotel was clean, tidy and had very helpful staff, I would recommend and if we are ever in the area again would not hesitate to book here!
Thank you from Wales!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear catjos-12,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding. The feedback we received from all the wedding party was just as strong and it was lovely to share the bride and groom's happiness on the day.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Would recommend as great reasonably priced stop off M5. Clean, comfortable and good sized room, quiet at night and nice view of the river. Room decor good with nice extras - hair dryer, big fluffy towels and robes, toiletries and trouser press! Very friendly and efficient staff who were helpful. Came for a wedding which was managed really well. Impressed with quality, quantity of food & was nice & hot! Will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maggie C
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Maggie C,

Thanks for taking the time to write your kind review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and we've already received great feedback for the bride and groom.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Rhys roberts
Somerset UK
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed here several times as I lead training weekends for a charity. The rooms are always clean and well-serviced. It is a little dated, yes, but not hugely so. The staff, led by Wayne the manager, are delightful and very well trained, even the very young trainees were professional and polite. The food is both plentiful and delicious and breakfast, although served at a buffet, is manned by staff and served piping hot on good hot plates! If on a working trip the executive suite has good large rooms with a huge desk and all the facilities you need inclduing free wi-fi. On the business side again, this hotel organises rooms and facilities for training/business events with great efficiency and flexibility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear FairyGrandmother,

You must be a FairyGrandmother!, seriously thank you for your kind and considered review. The team here will be delighted to get such feedback and we do try very hard to give our guests as enjoyable experience as we can. We recognise we don't have the most modern of hotels to say the least but it's all about the people for me and we try and treat all our guests as friends.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed in this Hotel years ago when it was called the Tiverton Motel. Thats showing my age ! On arrival the two female receptions were paying more attention to the computer, when I was eventually acknowledged the staff member was extremely morose and lethargic. On checking in the room which was very dated and probably hasn't been upgraded for quite a few years (the only exception being the TV which was a flat screen) I found the room to be in quite an unclean condition. Flakes of chocolate were found on a comfy chair and pubic hair in the bathroom. In addition, the corners of the room were also dirty. I am unable to comment on the breakfast as I chose not to have one due to the cost of it combined with the hotel fees which in my opinion was expensive for the location. On checking out of the hotel the receptionist (a different one) was robotic, miserable and slow. At no point was I even asked if I enjoyed my stay there. For morale to be so bad there must be some management issues and training that needs addressing before I would even consider a second visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Country-Gent-66,

To say we are all shocked by your review would be putting it mildly, this is easily the worst review we have ever received and to read of uninterested staff and dirty rooms is very disheartening to say the least and if true describes a hotel I can't recognise.

Something obviously has gone wrong from the moment you arrived and it may be that you did not have time to bring it to anyone's attention during your stay however I would ask that you contact me personally so I can discuss all aspects of your visit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stopped off on way to Barnstable on business - very convenient for M5. Accommodation was spacious with all you would expect for a business location with large desk and comfortable chair and easy to connect and free access to WiFi. Food plentiful and good quality. Not somewhere I would spend my holidays but perfect for business and reasonable price

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear pb56422,

Thanks for your great review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Trust your business trip was successful.

Rhys Roberts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
The Hartnoll Hotel
#5 of 32 in Tiverton
Lodgehill Hotel
Lodgehill Hotel
#21 of 32 in Tiverton

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!