“A good stop off en route!”

Best Western Tiverton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tiverton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Cornwall and on our return journey as well. First room (No.5) had been refurbished and was good. Second time (No.59) was ok but the bathroom needed an update and it also needed a firmer bed. We ate in the bar twice and the food was fine as was breakfast. Wifi is hit and miss. The walls are rather thin which is great if you like to hear other people snoring! Also the fire alarm is prone to go off if someone forgets to shut the bathroom door. This happened on both our stays.
We booked this hotel through LateRooms many months ago and not reading the small print properly ended up paying in full at the time of booking which we have never done before or will do again. Currently the hotel has an offer which includes dinner as well as breakfast, so my advice is always check the hotel website to makes sure you are getting the best deal!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Bertiebuttons,

Firstly thanks for taking the time to write a review, I personally respond to each review as I believe that it's so important to recognise what our guests are saying to us and whilst we are delighted that the vast majority of our reviews are very positive we do also accept when we could have done things better and try to put those things right.

Thanks too for your high scores on our food and cleanliness! These areas we take very seriously along with our service scores. On the issues that were not so good, I will check the bed in room 59 and the mattress needs refreshing we will do so. As you may imaging these areas are subject to ongoing improvements and we regularly renew our beds to try and give our guest the best possible sleep experience and I'm sorry you had a disturbed night in that room. Our bathrooms are being refurbished and we have some more to do but we will get a lot more done during the quieter winter period.

Your comment on checking our website for offers is extremely valid and we encourage our guests to do precisely that in order to get the best deals.

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you when you return.

Regards

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had a short break at this hotel,a relation was staying here who we had not seen for some time so we decided to surprise him.We had not stayed here before so we were not sure what to expect.the hotel is surrounded by lovely grounds in a peaceful location,but the town is within easy walking distance.two things made our stay enjoyable the staff and the excellant food,as we live in Devon it was good to see the use of local produce,our room was spacious ,clean and comfortable,also there was plenty of parking.

Room Tip: worth upgrading to executive rooms,also check website for offers
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear the pebs,

Thanks very much for your kind comments, we are very pleased you enjoyed your first visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks too for your tips to other guest, we do have some great offers on our website and our superior rooms score very well with our regular guest.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

After waiting for a LONG time at check in for some to come and give us a key, we eventually got to our room. Huge spcious room, but definitely smelled a bit funny, slightly damp. Furnishings all in need of a good update, but worst of all unfortunately was the bed. The springs seemed to have gone entirely so I ended up feeling like I was sitting up to sleep. in the end tried every position including sleeping on the floor. I can honestly say i was happy when daylight came! Location is great, but I just did not have a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear travelpumpkin,

I'm very sorry you had such a poor nights sleep and I would ask that you contact me at the hotel to discuss which room you stayed in and if improvements are required to the room they will be done but without any record of any complaint at the time it is difficult to put this right.

Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

regards

Rhys

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Room was nice, fantastic bed, spotlessly clean, bathroom disappointing, staff pleasent, walls fairly thin, breakfast ok. My company had hired a function room for a meeting and the buffet delivered was wonderful, and the food was plentiful although the coffee ran out. Very good location, easy to find, handy for business users. All in all, I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Gemma O,

Thanks for your review and your great comments particularly on our food which the chef and his dedicated team will appreciate.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Staff went out of their way to let me check in before noon to get ready for a formal function in the afternoon. Beautiful view out the back with birds singing softly in the morning. Nice place. Clean. Nice pool. Free breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near a door or near the pool. Parents let their kids scream in the hall.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear B R,

Thanks for the review and your great comments however I am a little puzzled as you refer to a pool and free breakfast which we don't offer so I'm afraid I can't respond to your comments.

I do however look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

just had two nights bed and breakfast at this hotel.the rooms were nice and clean the bathroom was a bit dated and you couldnt have a bath or shower with the door open or you would set off the fire alarm.for some reason you couldnt shut the doors quietley without banging them so if you wanted to lay in you couldnt because of the other guests going out early.couldnt fault the breakfast plenty of everything you could eat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holly1day

Dear Holly1day,

Thanks for your review and for the great comments on lots that we do.

Just a pointer, I'll check the room you stayed in to make sure the door closer needs adjusting but the closers and fire detectors are situated after advice from the fire service, they are there for our guests protection and we do appreciate your co-operation in managing this area of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Whilst the rooms are large they are over heated making sleeping very uncomfortable and opening the window allows traffic noise in depending on which room you are in. The bathroom are clean but are in desperate need of updating from the 1970's avocado suites.
Breakfast is all done and dusted by 9:30 in the morning which doesn;t really allow for folks travelling from a distance to have a lie in and a rest.
Having stayed at the hotel several times before (ease of location to family) the breakfast has improved although I don't understand why they supply cheap and nasty yogurts.
The beds are comfortable however the doors to rooms are very noisy which means a late getting to sleep and an early start for lighter sleepers.
The bar was pricey. We were unable to book a table for an evening meal as the restaurant was full so we had to go elsewhere for an evening meal.
The keys are keycards which don't work if place in a pocket or bag next to a mobile phone. When I couldn't get into my room I was left feeling "told off" by the receptionist for leaving my mobile phone and card together. This was information that would have been much better handed out with the card...
Not a very personal place very much a travel stop rather than a holiday stay.
Not a cozy personal hotel

Room Tip: At the back of the hotel away from the road. Lower numbers...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Siobhan W
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear SIoban W,

Thanks for taking the time to write you review, I'm sorry that not everything was as you would have preferred and I agree that some of bathrooms need updating and we are indeed in the process of doing just that with the first 20 having being done and others due for updating later this year.

Hopefully you'll have the confidence to return and I'd be happy to show you some of our superior rooms and meet our great staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Rhys Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
Travelodge Tiverton
Padbrook Park Hotel
Padbrook Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Cullompton
Brambles Bed and Breakfast

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!