“Early check-in”

Best Western Tiverton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tiverton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Staff went out of their way to let me check in before noon to get ready for a formal function in the afternoon. Beautiful view out the back with birds singing softly in the morning. Nice place. Clean. Nice pool. Free breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near a door or near the pool. Parents let their kids scream in the hall.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear B R,

Thanks for the review and your great comments however I am a little puzzled as you refer to a pool and free breakfast which we don't offer so I'm afraid I can't respond to your comments.

I do however look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

just had two nights bed and breakfast at this hotel.the rooms were nice and clean the bathroom was a bit dated and you couldnt have a bath or shower with the door open or you would set off the fire alarm.for some reason you couldnt shut the doors quietley without banging them so if you wanted to lay in you couldnt because of the other guests going out early.couldnt fault the breakfast plenty of everything you could eat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holly1day

Dear Holly1day,

Thanks for your review and for the great comments on lots that we do.

Just a pointer, I'll check the room you stayed in to make sure the door closer needs adjusting but the closers and fire detectors are situated after advice from the fire service, they are there for our guests protection and we do appreciate your co-operation in managing this area of the hotel.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Whilst the rooms are large they are over heated making sleeping very uncomfortable and opening the window allows traffic noise in depending on which room you are in. The bathroom are clean but are in desperate need of updating from the 1970's avocado suites.
Breakfast is all done and dusted by 9:30 in the morning which doesn;t really allow for folks travelling from a distance to have a lie in and a rest.
Having stayed at the hotel several times before (ease of location to family) the breakfast has improved although I don't understand why they supply cheap and nasty yogurts.
The beds are comfortable however the doors to rooms are very noisy which means a late getting to sleep and an early start for lighter sleepers.
The bar was pricey. We were unable to book a table for an evening meal as the restaurant was full so we had to go elsewhere for an evening meal.
The keys are keycards which don't work if place in a pocket or bag next to a mobile phone. When I couldn't get into my room I was left feeling "told off" by the receptionist for leaving my mobile phone and card together. This was information that would have been much better handed out with the card...
Not a very personal place very much a travel stop rather than a holiday stay.
Not a cozy personal hotel

Room Tip: At the back of the hotel away from the road. Lower numbers...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Siobhan W
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear SIoban W,

Thanks for taking the time to write you review, I'm sorry that not everything was as you would have preferred and I agree that some of bathrooms need updating and we are indeed in the process of doing just that with the first 20 having being done and others due for updating later this year.

Hopefully you'll have the confidence to return and I'd be happy to show you some of our superior rooms and meet our great staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Friendly but very attentive staff who were very professional and looked after us well during our 3 day stay.
Room was clean and well equiped whilst the food was well presented with ample portions.
All items we tried from the menue were cooked to our liking.

Room Tip: During the warm weather with windows open trafic noise started early in the morning. Would book a re...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Peter W,

Thanks for taking the time to write you review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel staff are most obliging, the rooms clean, comfortable and spacious. The breakfast and dinner menus are good and the food very good.It was definitely good value for money - giving us a very satisfied feeling helping to ensure our holiday was a success.
We would have no hesitancy in recommending this hotel and returning ourselves.

Room Tip: you should be aware that there are no lifts to the bedrooms, however the stairs are easly negotiated...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Hazel G,

Thanks for your great review, I'm delighted you enjoyed the hotel and it's value for money.

Come back soon, we love such positive guests!

regards

Reviewed September 2, 2012

If like me, you've stayed at a Best Western before you should know what to expect; a good room at a reasonable price with minimal character or charm. This 1990's hotel is no different.
Rooms were clean, big and spacious with lovely large windows that let it lots of natural light. The bathroom had a shower and bath and was also spacious and clean. The taps did make a lot of noise when run, which was a little annoying especially when you could hear the ones in the next room.
We didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on that. However we would've used it for breakfast had it not cost us £34 on the morning for 2 adults and 2 children!
All in all a good place for a averaged price stop over but nothing that's going to be too memorable

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DenimGeek

Dear Martyr_Icke,

Thanks for your review, I do appreciate you sharing your thoughts which help us improve the hotel for our future guests.

I will pass on your comments regarding the noisy taps to our maintenance department who will see what can be done to improve the service.

regards

Rhys

Reviewed August 26, 2012

this hotel is very good in many ways like great staff and superb bedrooms. great prices for drinks and food. one off my favouite things in this hotel is the staff i was really happy after i checked in because of the receptionist was so kind to me he made me feal like i was at the ritz. just as i thought my stay couldent get any better i got into my bedroom and i was astonished by the detail of the interia and the room was very clean which is always a bonus. in the evening i had one of the best meals of my life. worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear thomas p,

Thanks very much for the fantastic review, its great to receive such positive feedback and the team will be equally pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to meeting you when you return.

sincerely

Rhys Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
Travelodge Tiverton
The Fisherman's Cot
The Fisherman's Cot
#1 of 4 in Bickleigh
Brambles Bed and Breakfast

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!