“friendly hotel”

Lodgehill Hotel
Lodgehill Hotel
Ranked #31 of 33 Tiverton B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2013

friendly hotel away from any main roads, nice and quiet at night.
good food and family rooms are big.
clean
has a bar
and breakfast is a must, so is the fresh fish and chips.

large choice of main meals
good selection of drinks.
its a great place to stop on the way to your holliday destination or to stay after a days work.
relaxing and no noise from the roads.
stayed here for a total of 10 days and had no problems what so ever, if i did i would imagine it would of been sorted out very quickly.

Room Tip: i had room 9 family room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Lodgehill Hotel

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a small, friendly hotel situated in a quiet location on the edge of Tiverton.

Our twin bedded room (room 5) was clean and comfortable and the food was home cooked and plentiful.,

We enjoyed our three nights' stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shirpet
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I have now had 3 overnight stops here and suits my needs perfectly. The location is nice and relaxing and allows for bit of fresh air before or after breakfast.

Breakfast was / is plentiful and arrives quickly which is good if you have a late night and early start. Staff really friendly answering e mails about arrival times. I have always been in the smallest room (by choice) and the room is a little small but cosy and clean which is all I need.

It is well located for the mid Devon area and I will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank AdeWotton
Reviewed January 12, 2013

full english perfectly cooked every day, very good rates, clean, very friendly, lovely location, small well stocked bar, warm tidy rooms, books to read, lovely views, freeview, dogs not a problem, newspapers,decent shower, minibar/coffeemaking facilities, internet. stayed to rendezvous with a friend for the weekend, stayed for a week. just the right distance from tiverton £5 in the taxi. good shortcut into town- head towards the bridge and cross road through the gate follow into town. lesley and jim are lovely and clearly enjoy people in their place. definately will go back. thankyou.
adam budd

Room Tip: room 5 is the twin
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ajbkaraoke
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel as we wanted an overnight stay after moving our daughter in to Plymouth at the university.
OK, the room we stayed in the decor was possibly a little dated but it was clean and comfortable. When I say dated I mean it in the nicest way as minimalist comtemporary would not suit a building like this. Like the previous reviewer I too spend a lot of time in hotels all over the country for my job, but unlike the previous reviewer I saw nothing at all that would make me not want to stay there again. The hotel is charming, there are 'extras' dotted about the place such as hairdryers, irons, a huge bookshelf full of books of all types, toys and games for the kids etc. You wouldn't see this sort of thought in a Premier Inn.
Our bed was huge, the room was very roomy and the linen was crisp and clean. We had a very good night's sleep. The little touches in the room made a lot of difference, and reminded you you were staying at a familiy run hotel that really cares about it's guests.
Sadly we were only there for the night and we'd already picked up some food on the evening before arriving, but if the evening meals were as good as the breakfast we had in the morning then it would be worth eating in.
Quite satisfied, and will be calling in again at every opportunity. Thank you Jim and Leslie.
Oh, yes - not too far from the M5 either.

Room Tip: Room 5 lovely and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Teesee1962
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here as a stop over on the way to cornwall with our 2 boys aged 5 and 2. Lesley and Jim could not have made us feel more welcome with a good selection of games for the boys and a great family room in the loft with a separate room off ours for the boys. Home cooked food was lovely very reasonable priced and flexible ( especially good for young children).
The hotel is in a beautiful location and perfect for exploring Devon (30 minutes from either coast), will definitely be going again.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with children the family rooms are perfect and give mum and dad a bit of sp...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this awful hotel for a wedding in the area. We were booked in by the bride & groom who went by a good review rating. This hotel was tatty, dirty & very dated. Although I believe some of the rooms were ok, ours was full of spiders & cobwebs complimented by a geen/ black wall of damp & tatty/grubby towels. I stay in loads of hotels/ b&bs with my job & this is the first time I have ever checked in somewhere else because the room was so dusgusting. I am sure the owners are lovely but this place needs some serious TLC.

• Stayed: August 2012