“Charming tea room”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in South Molton
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

On a very grey and wet Friday afternoon, two friends and I went into this tea room following recommendations from relatives. We ordered food with tea. Tea didn't take long to come but we had to wait like an eternity for the food to come. The place was slightly busy but not heaving, so we had not idea why it took do long to make an omelette. I ordered oolong tea but I received some rather bland puu erh. Overall nice place and the omelette was tasty.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I visited the corn dolly for the first time yesterday,with my best friend who has been many times before. The atmosphere was warm & welcoming,the choice of teas was like nothing I'd seen before,huge slices of homemade cakes.they even had a menu for children named after nursery rhymes.i simply adored the place & can't wait to come back again.thank you for a lovely time,just perfect after our 3 hour walk along the beach.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Service yesterday wasn't the best had to chase down a waiter to bring the chutneys and she was texting but they are always friendly and despite being expensive the food is damn tasty.

1  Thank rossage79
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Been to the Corn Dolly twice now and have been very pleased on both occasions. I live local too so will be sure to return more often now I've discovered it! The extensive choice of teas are really good and the rest of the menu is so lovely I found it difficult to choose!! The staff are very friendly and attentive too. Would highly recommend a visit here for lunch or afternoon tea.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I’ve been to the Corn Dolly numerous times as I live locally and it really is the best tea shop for miles. I was inspired to write this review after reading some awful ones and wanted to write my own as I cannot fault the place. It is very good value for money and the service is always good. The food is always fresh and they have the best selection of teas, it really is worth a visit. I would take the bad reviews with a pinch of salt as you can’t please everyone. The Corn Dolly tea is lovely and you get loads of cream and jam and there’s so many different cakes to choose from. I don’t go anywhere else.