“Fantastic scones” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corn Dolly Tea Shop

Corn Dolly Tea Shop
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
South Molton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic scones”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you want an afternoon tea that will fill you up go to the corn dolly. I love going with my friend for a plain scone when the kids are at school. It is massive and you get plenty of cream and jam and it is good value for money.They even have a kiddy themed menu for the little ones. So if your traveling through south Molton drop in and try their fantastic selection.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Nice food - shame about the staff & atmosphere!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Well, I read the reviews & didn't want to believe them - next time I will.
It took ages for our table to be cleared of the previous dirty crockery; even then it wasn't wiped down!!
Another 15minutes to take our order & this was only under duress after I asked if I could order now - I was met with a roll of the eyes, tut & scowl. Honestly, it's like I was an inconvenience!
Then another 15 minute wait for two coffees that were lukewarm, tasted horrible and cake that looked and tasted lovely but they were dumped unceremoniously on the table with another scowl - by this point I couldn't be bothered to complain as I would have had to wait ages for more fresh coffee. To be honest I didn't want to deal with the waitress again - service with a smile; it definitely was not!!

This was only a quieter day according to a lady that I was talking to while waiting to pay - and apparently it's worse on thursdays & Saturday's - I can't imagine worse service than what we had.

Really, I would think twice, the awards on the wall of the shop fooled me the first time but I will not be going back again!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Long Sutton, United Kingdom
“As always perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

This Tea Room has been in the same ownership for years and as far as I am concerned it just gets better with each visit. The staff are a good team and work well together. Everything on their menu is home made on the premises which says alot in this day and age of convenience shopping. The bread I am informed is baked daily in the next village. For a good old fashioned tea room with excellent value The Corn Dolly is the place to visit on your trip to the West Country.

• Visited March 2012
Tiverton, United Kingdom
“Simply Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

Went to The Corn Dolly with my family and I have to say it was superb! The meals we had were delicious and the staff were friendly & welcoming. I fully recommend a visit to this lovely tea room whether you are local or visiting South Molton. In all honesty, it is the best cafe in the town - definitely worth a trip!

• Visited January 2012
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Lovely trip... oh and so you know...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

Well, turned up when it was heaving and really busy, and found it to be a bit hectic but really lovely. The choice of tea was outstanding, the cake delicious and the mains simple but done well. The staff were nice and smiley and bless 'em working flat out as the whole place was very busy indeed.
What stopped it being a perfect trip? Actually the incident described elsewhere by amieb79... two women came in, walked up to a table marked reserved, hid the Reserved sign into the menus and sat down. After three minutes or so one of the staff looking sheepish informed them that the table was reserved and could they move to another table (from where I was sitting i could see one had been cleared for them) and one of the women went berserk. She started screaming and shouting, hurling abuse at the staff and making everyone uncomfortable.
My only regret is that none on my table felt like getting involved and telling the staff that the pair had hidden the reserved sign, but since the incident matches what I consider a fake review by the rather verbally abusive woman, I figured someone should set the record straight.

• Visited February 2012