“Great Tourist Attraction”
Review of Quince Honey Farm

Quince Honey Farm
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get a Buzz from your holiday and take a trip to Quince Honey Farm. The family-run working honey farm has been producing quality honey since 1949 and has over 1000 hives deep in the North Devon countryside. Visit the world’s largest Honeybee exhibition; BeeWorld! The interesting displays and exhibits will teach you fun facts about the honeybee before you take a closer look inside the working hives. Nowhere in the world can you get so close to live bees without needing protective equipment! You may wish to take a guided tour or walk around at your own leisure. There is something happening every hour during the summer! Don’t miss out on the bee talks and beekeeping demos which gives you the opportunity to hold a frame of bees if you wish. There is a chance to make some beeswax candles and learn more about the different types of honey at one of the tasting sessions. New for 2017 is the ‘be a beekeeper experience’ which gives you the unique opportunity to work alongside a beekeeper learning more in depth about bees and the art of beekeeping. (You can sign up for this on the day). Any little bizzy bees won’t want to miss out on The Happy Bee play hive; the large indoor soft play area with nets and ropes to climb over. This is where you will also find the cafe offering homemade food and our special Devonshire cream teas with honey. There is an outdoor play and picnic area for when the sun is shining. Visit Critter cabin and meet some slithery friends at one of the daily critter encounters shows. Visit the honey farm shop to see the array of honey products on offer as well as beautiful handmade beeswax candles and skin care. Make a Bee-line for Quince Honey Farm
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a great place to visit. You can actually see bees at work in glass fronted hives. Excellent shop where you can purchase honey and bees wax gifts

Ruby M, Marketing at Quince Honey Farm, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for the review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and we do hope you can visit us again!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have just had my daughter's 3rd birthday party at the Honey Farm and it was fantastic. We've always been a huge fan of the soft play there - it's clean, safe, serves lovely fresh and very reasonably priced food, but today was outstanding. Every single one of the staff went out of their way to make sure both adults and children felt especially welcome and they made sure that the whole event ran really smoothly. The party food was fab - with plenty of it.
Daughter is already asking when she can have her next party there!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My first time here as a local for a Birthday party. Normally, I take my kids to Funderzone in Barnstaple which I find messy, overcrowded and noisy.

The indoor kids area at the Quince Honey Farm feels more spacious, less over-packed and generally cleaner. My kids had a great time. I look forward to more visits here especially in the Summer.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Well the honey is first class, i buy this regular, seeing the bees was very interesting and the shop has so many different things i did,nt realise so much could be made out of beeswax, Last year i made up a hamper for my mother in law consisting mostly stuff from the shop which she thought was fantastic.

Ruby M, Marketing at Quince Honey Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your great review, we pride ourselves on producing amazingly tastey honey.
The products in our shop can make bee-utiful gifts so we are pleased you liked them!

Visit again, many thanks :)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am not a tourist but regularly make the trip to South Molton from Bideford to go to this great attraction. The bee exhibition is really good fun and my 2 young sons find it fascinating. They don’t even know how much they are learning!

The play area is one of the best that I have been to. It is really clean and possible to see the children from most of the tables, which makes it possible to grab a coffee and even glance at the papers. I am happy to eat here too as the food is far better quality than in many other attractions of this kind.

Watch out for their special events too. I have just been to the Halloween spectacular which was really good value. The boys were able to handle snakes and bugs of all sorts. There were stalls and games and everyone dressed up including the super friendly staff.

The only downside to this place is that you have to leave the play area, walk through the shop and outside to visit the toilets...not great when you have more than 1 child and are alone!

Hello,
Thanks for your review last year we are so glad to hear your children had fun and learnt something at the same time, thats great!

Our soft play is a great for you to relax with a cream tea while the children buzz around the play hive. I hope you have tried our honey icream as its really quite yummy!

We have our hallowean event coming up so I hope you will be able to visit us again.
Thanks for this brilliant review, we will take all your comments in to consideration for improvements, we are so happy you had a fun visit! :)