“Sheer bliss”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Molton
North Hayne Farm Cottages
Reviewed May 14, 2011

This is our third stay with our little boy who is three. We took my mum and dad this time and they loved it as much as we do. Your every need is catered for from the cream tea on arrival to the hospitality recieved from Cheryl Roger Jenny and Reg not forgetting the animals for thier patience with the little ones. Lots to do and see as near or far as you wish to venture. But to be honest you could entertain yourself all day on the farm with feeding and walking the lambs & other animals the donkey rides the play barn and outside play areas the hot tubs and just soaking up the atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for North Hayne Farm Cottages

Reviewed April 27, 2011

our second year here with my husband 8 and 14 year old daughter. From the moment we get here it is relaxation whatever the weather! Easter is great as you have egg hunts, cake making, big yellow the chick and lamb feeding. My daughter has asd and roger gave her extra duties which helped her socially. My 8 year old was out playing round the farm most days with new friends. Very safe to let your children out, which gives them freedom and independance. Ime and my girls had a pamper day with the local beautiton. We explored devon alot more this year, and also went back to the unique town of clovelly.
Cheryl and roger will give you as much help as you need, whenever you need it. Cottages are comfy, warm, very spacious. This year we didnt have a hot tub. in miss tiggywinkle but didnt miss it. We have booked for peter rabbit next year and had to book for 2013 as its so popular!! We seem to be working our way round the cottages!!
As we live in norfolk its a 9 hour drive which is worth it, we had discussed looking for a farm nearer to us, but you wont top this!! Roll on next year, and the year after, and the year........

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Just got back from a fabulous long weekend at Hayne Farm. Visited with my partner and our 18 month old. Stayed in Peter Rabbit a comfy cosy upside down terrace with private hot tub. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were made to feel so welcome by everyone. This was a fantastic find as it catered equally for both children and adults. Our little boy absolutely loved going to feed the animals each morning and evening and even had several rides on Barney the donkey ! As for me I had a lovely facial on the Saturday morning whilst my other half took our little one to the new playbarn for a burnout ... 30 minutes of un-interrupted bliss most welcome for a busy mum. We also enjoyed using the hot-tub each evening once our little one had gone to bed. So much thought has gone into the whole running of Hayne Farm from the fresh cream teas on arrival (p.s. you can order more £1 person whenever you want one yummy) to the printed picture they provide of your little one riding Barney and a certificate for feeding the animals when you leave. There is also the option to order your grocery shopping and/or breakfast/celebration baskets which will be put away in your cottage before you arrive or if you don't want to cook you can order freshly cooked meals in ! There are also reasonably priced fresh toddler meals available if you do get stuck. Free Wi-fi too !

We were very lucky with the weather and were also able to take advantage of the play equipment and play houses dotted around the site so just chilled out on Sunday although we did make a trip to Exmoor Zoo on the Saturday ... Small countryside zoo suited more to little ones and only 25 mins away. The coast is also only 45mins away i believe although we didn't venture this far this time round.

Thanks again all ... can't wait to book a return trip :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Just returned from a five day stay at North Hayne Farm and cannot praise it highly enough. They have thought of everything to make it a special holiday for all the family - feeding the farm animals for the children , hot tub for mum and dad! We were really impressed with the small touches which made our stay very special - cream teas on arrival, certificate for our daughter for feeding the hens,rabbits,alpacas, goats, donkeys, ducks etc twice a day! Accomodation is extremely comfortable, clean and well-equipped for both parents and children! Location is ideal for most North Devon attractions - only 40 mins from the beautiful beaches of Woolacombe, Saunton Sands etc. Cheryl, Roger, Jenny and Reg are really friendly and we felt genuinely interested in making our stay special. It is not surprising that many guests return time after time and we intend to do the same!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ShaunE
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We have been coming here for 3 years now and haven't found anything to beat the experience. Our girls are on first name terms with all the animals, love the donkey rides, the games room and the outdoor play. Mum and dad love to see their smiles, and enjoy the fresh air and hot tub!. The area has lots to offer too. Our regular trips include days at the beach, local Exmoor Zoo and various National trusts sites. If this wasn't enough the care, friendliness and welcome from Cheryl, Rodger, Jenny and Reg are icing on the cake! We have booked again for next year already.

The Van Yperens

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My wife and I wanted to get away for our Wedding Anniversary. I found Katie's Corner from searching on the web. I sent an email to check availability for the dates I wanted and Cheryl came back the same day.

We came down the lane to the farm to see the sheep, alpacas and donkeys. Despite being January the sun was shining and the welcome from Cheryl and Roger was fantastic. Cheryl took us around Katie's Corner which is the smallest let. Small is not the right description for this cottage there is so much room. We stayed in a 4 person lodge in Scotland last year that would have fitted in the lounge here.

A good sized double bed, and the quilt must be kingsize because my feet were not poking out the end. The lounge has pleanty of room with two sofa's one of which opens to an extra double bed if needed. TV, DVD player, Music Centre. Kitchen with combi oven, fridge freezer main cooker and dishwaher this is as well equiped as my home.

The views from all of the windows are fantastic you can look out the french doors to a private patio and across the pond. As you have breakfast you can watch the ducks coming down from their enclosure.

As part of the welcome there was a cream tea set out ready for us, certainly the way to start in Devon.

My wife and I are keen walkers and whilst we had been to Dartmoor a couple of times this was our first expedition into Exmoor. The farm is a short drive away from the moor itself but what we loved about the area was the variety. There is the moor, there is farm land and in less than an hour you can take in the coast with the South West Costal path. As I have said we were there in January, having finished our walking for the day it was great to come back to the cottage and know that there was a hot tub to sit in and ease the aches and pains away. The hot tub is behind the cottage and not over looked but has views across the country side and the pond.

I had a look in at the games room and was as impressed with the offering there as I was with the cottage. An area for young tots, table tennis and pool table.

With all the animals and facilities I am sure my children would have loved to come here when they were younger. But our aim here was a getaway just for the two of us.

I was just so taken with the attention to detail that Cheryl and Roger offer. They take an interest in their guests and are willing to offer advice on local services (I needed a tyre repaired). They go that extra mile with their pamper packages, fresh eggs and more.

We were there for a week of relaxation and we got it. during the main season I am sure the children will have a great time because the cottage we had was so child friendly with child gates available. There is so much space.

For me I will remember my wif and I sitting in the hot tub after our walk with a glass of sparkling wine gazing up at the stars on a frosty clear night.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2011

From the moment we arrived at the farm, we knew we would be rebooking again and again and we have already bebooked to go back in May.
We were 3 adults and 2 boys age 28 months and 18 months and everyone single one of us loved every second of our stay.
Everything has been designed around kids, it's car free, safe and friendly. The cottage is a home from home with everything provided and more. Booster seats, highchair, travel cots, cot bedding, baby monitors, stair gates, even children's plates and cutlery. You don't have to worry about anything!! Even our food shopping (pre-ordered from Tescos) had all been put away and there was cream tea set out on the table for us (needed after the long drive from London)
The kids loved the freedom of being able to run around in all the space and fresh air and the feeding of the gorgeous animals (twice daily) was a real highlight for us all, not to mention the donkey rides from Barney as a treat for all thier 'hard work'!! We had frquent visits from the lovely friendly cats too :)
There was a TV, video and dvd player in the living room which went down well with the little ones, as you can also borrow films from the play barn - which we also made great use of. Loads of toys for little people plus a pool table, teble tennis and darts for the bigger ones, there is also free wireless access if you want to bring your laptop along. The hot tub was a huge hit once the kids were in bed (with the baby monitor wired up) even in the cold November weather, lovely touch!!
We mostly cooked our own meals in the well equipped kitchen but the kids had the toddler meals (available to buy from the farmhouse) and they loved them so that's worth remembering.
The beach down the road at Saunton (saunton sands) is AMAZING, huge sand dunes and shall (ankle depth) water strecthes out as far as you can see, we had a brilliant time splashing about with the kids and we definitely would go back there!!
We also visited Clovelly which is a vehicle-less village situated on a steep hill with a beautiful beach cove and a waterfall at the bottom. There is also a pub with a view serving cornish pasties, fish and chips, ploughams and the like. A word of warning though, you can't use a buggy as it's a steep cobblestone hill. We did it with 2 toddlers and it was pretty ok on the way down but the way back up was HORRIBLE! So I would recommend walking down and getting the land rover back up (only avilable during the summer months) Well worth going to see though, you will have never seen anything like it before! We also did pottery painting with the kids locally which was lovely.
I would recommend driving to the Stags Head Inn which is in Filleigh for dinner, the food was amazing and reasonable too.
We were all sad to leave and can't wait to go back and the kids got a certificate of achievment at the end of the trip for helping with the animals and also a photo of themselves on BArney the donkey which was a lovely little touch.
Overall we had a great time and we were made to feel very welcome and like part of the family, if youy've got young kids, I really couldn't think of a better holiday.
Counting down the days until May.......... !!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
#17 of 21 in South Molton
Headgate Farm Bed & Breakfast
Headgate Farm Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 21 in South Molton

Been to North Hayne Farm Cottages? Share your experiences!