“Lovely weeks holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shaldon
Coast View, Shaldon
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in a gold Starfish Chalet. On arrival we were very early and were invited to have a coffee while the receptionist looked to see what was happening to our chalet. She came to find us 15 minutes later with the key to our chalet and our welcome pack. Chalet was clean and airy. Bedding crisp and very white. We didn't have a table on our patio and the shower had no shower curtain so I went to reception to ask for both and within a short time, both items arrived with a smile. I mentioned to a member of staff that we had a poor TV signal and once again we were quickly given an indoor aerial which solved the problem. All the staff were very polite and seemed to enjoy working at the park as we were always greeted with a smile and hello etc. Didn't use the pool or entertainment so can't comment on that. Park very clean and tidy. We would have liked another comfy chair and yes there were handles missing from the bedroom furniture, but we didn't get upset over that ! Wish the shrubs in front of patio had been cut down shorter to enhance our sea view ( which was beautiful) Really enjoyed our weeks holiday here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
CoastViewHolidayPark, General Manager at Coast View, Shaldon, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback from your recent holiday with us and really pleased you had such a good time. I have passed your kind comments on to all our staff and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Coast View on a future occasion.

Please keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for latest news and offers

Helen

There are newer reviews for Coast View, Shaldon

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Myself, my kids and my parents had a wonderful few days at Coast View (my husband did not join us as he was on a business trip). We have quite high expectations from a holiday park and having stayed in some of the 5 star resorts like Retallack, Gwen al Mor and Mawgan Porth I was a little worried about some of the reviews I read. But the facilities on this park are fabulous, it is small so has a really lovely feel, the staff are just fantastic and of course the location is superb. The facilities and accommodation do need some TLC to bring them up to a great standard but I understand that the current owner is planning on this, and looking at the other parks he owns I believe that he probably knows how to make a holiday park 5 star. Infact I loved the park so much and my kids had such a great time that I left having bought a chalet, and so we are looking forward to returning very soon and very often(I just hope my husband likes it as much as we did).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 559KayP
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here for Spring Bank and had a great time, the accommodation was more than adequate, the staff could not have been more helpful and we were impressed with facilities. Add to this a location to die for all of which means we will be back!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have recently returned from a weekend camping at Coast View holiday park over the bank holidy and we had a great time! The family loved it! With 2 small children in tow we embarked on our first camping trip as a family. Just for the weekend, baby steps! The park was brilliant for us. Friendly welcome and good pitch. Amazing views and nice setting for the family to ease in to this style of holiday gently. The grounds have been beautifully kept and the new cafe style bar was a real pleasure to visit. I have visited this park a few years back pre-children and my what a difference for the better! The location was ideal for taking the children exploring the surrounding area - we took a trip to the zoo. The manager was really helpful, I asked if I could see one of the houses with the idea of coming back in half term (think camping will be too cold then) and was kindly shown a starfish chalet. We've booked! We're coming back coast view!

2  Thank JosieGreen
CoastViewHolidayPark, General Manager at Coast View, Shaldon, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest

Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent holiday with us. Great to hear that you and the kids had such a good time.

We really look forward to welcoming you back for October half term into one of our chalets, where we are sure you will have another super holiday.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at Coast view during the first two weeks of October 2012, in a 'Starfish' chalet. I booked it mainly because it offered smoke- and pet-free accommodation with a bath. The chalet was cosy and clean enough, although a purple stain on one of the mattresses - which I had assumed to be old and dried in - turned out to be fresh and by the time we put our three-year-old to bed it had oozed through the sheet. Luckily there was spare bedding, but I did think this should have been picked up when the chalet was cleaned earlier in the day. We had booked a cot which wasn't there on arrival, so had to ask at reception. On payment of a £10 deposit it was brought to our chalet for us promptly. We also had to go back to reception later to get a tv remote control for a further £10 deposit. Take lots of cash with you on arrival for all the deposits! We couldn't figure out the timer on the boiler so just left the heating and hot water on all the time - at least it was lovely and warm! The view from the verandah at the back was stunning, and it was a real luxury to have a dishwasher.
The swimming pool was very disappointing; there was black stuff that looked like mould in the grout, which was worse in the baby pool than the main one. The changing facilities were quite dark and dirty and the toilet was appalling. We could only stay in for about 10 mins before the kids started shivering as the water was quite cold.
The soft play was okay but we couldn't find a light switch anywhere in the room and pieces of the laminate flooring were missing. The outdoor play area by the laundry/shower block looked like great fun but unfortunately it was too wet to take advantage of it during our stay. Our two small children did enjoy the smaller play area in front of the swimming pool though.
The dryers in the laundry didn't dry, despite spending a small fortune and about an hour on them. As well as using the laundry I wanted to wash my hair in the shower, so asked at reception to check opening times. The staff were very helpful and arranged for the block to be unlocked for me, so be sure to ask if you are there off peak and want to use these facilities in the evening or early morning.
The on-site shop closed a couple of days after our arrival, and there was nowhere else close by to get milk and bread. We didn't try out the entertainment or food available on-site, so I can't coment on that.
The location of this park is fantastic - really close to Shaldon and Teignmouth and a short drive to Torquay - so there were plenty of activities to keep our two small children busy, even off-peak. Just as well as we ended up having to go off-site for swimming, laundry and soft play, which we hadn't anticipated! Shaldon is very pretty but there is no pavement on the main road, so you have to walk alongside the golf course over the road to get there on foot. This is very steep and in the wet is also quite muddy and slippery as there's no actual path. Tricky with a buggy, so we only did it once!
I should point out that we didn't make any complaints about the problems we had as we don't like to make a fuss, but the staff were very helpful whenever we asked for information. In short the location is wonderful but the facilities were less than we expected for the amount we paid. Based on this experience, we wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review of your recent stay with us. I welcome all feedback from our holiday-makers, be it positive or negative, as this helps us to improve and evolve.

Indeed, since your stay in 2012, we have now reviewed our deposit system since the start of the current season as a direct result of feedback and requests from our guests.

I would urge you, and any other guests who experience shortcomings during their stay to speak to me directly while they are on Park or before they leave. This would not be considered 'making a fuss', but rather gives me an opportunity to resolve any problems at the time.

Really pleased to note that you found all our staff to be helpful. We have a great bunch of people working here at the Park and our mission is to give everyone a fantastic holiday.

Once again, we are sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your holiday with us but we hope you will come back to us in the future as we have noted that you love the area. If you wish to discuss any aspect of a future booking please contact me on 01626 818350.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

we have been holidaying here a few times in private accomadation, we decided this time we would rent directly from coast view as they advertise 3 bed gold lodges which sounds nice, DONT BE FOOLED
when we arrived and got given the keys i went back to reception to ask if we had the correct accomadation as i thought this surely cant be what i booked,
aparently it was and this was the best accomadation they have on site, and i was asked if id like to downgrade of all the cheek, downgrade if this is gold what on earth is the rest of it like,i asked if there was a private accomadation avalible i didnt mind even paying extra, oh aparently they are all booked yet there was hardly anyone on site all the time we were there.
i felt sick to the stomack these people need to book into other parks as they obviuosly do not no what luxury gold acomadation means,
we had ripped duvets stained duvets (yellow stains ) we had stale milk all spilt in the fridge, they did come straight away and change and clean fridge, BUT the point is they shouldnt have had to do this it should be ready for guests,
the cooker ignition didnt work so couldnt light the cooker
the cooker knobs was all melted, the temprature was all faded so couldnt see to cook,
the place was a disgrace it had 80s furniture scratched etc and lampshades collection dust, curtains that didnt fit,
the dirty filthy fridge freezer was only big enough for 2 people
the bath sealent was non existant leaving all gaps and cracks mould etc, the bathroom loo holder and mirror was rusty,
there are drawers with handles missing so you cant open them
the matresses dont fit on the old pine beds properly,
the interia doors dont open and close easily meaning you have to bang them,
the veranders are unsafe for small children only made out of about 4 peices of wood,
yet they knew we had small children as it said on my booking form,
there are nails sticking out the shack on the outside, we banged one in ourself to stop my little one being cut,
we had a view of a bush areil and bins and small sea view when i particually asked for a good seaview when i booked they completely ignored this, yet this was the only reason why we go here,
the old sofa that was in the shack stank its years old i doubt it even has fire lables its that old, not only that we are a family of 6 and we had 4 dining chairs, and a 2 seater sofa and a armchair, so half the party was expected to sit on the floor all week, the recpetion agreed with me yes they have to sit on floor as this is what all our shacks are like,
we had 2 dirty white plastic patio chairs on the verander for our family of 6,
the oven was greasy and so was the kickboards in kitchen,
theres a massive crack running through the bathroom floor tiles,
the laminated flooring was all split in front room,
tv does nothing but loose signal all week,
no work tops in kitchen hardly for preparing food,
doesnt even have the basic utensils in the kitchen,
we had 4 bowls and 4 plates for a family of 6,
the kitchen worktop was all chipped,
the hand shower mixer tap doesnt work properly,
beds were not even made in a GOLD lodge just chucked in a bag for you to do yourself,
no welcome pack at all not even a sachet of coffee,
there is a basic white plastic kettle and toaster just about worked,
no mop or anything to clean the filthy place,
next doors verander is so close you may as well have them round for dinner, you can touch them, hear everything they say. and viser versa,
the fridge had all ice in it and made all food go off before sell by date had even run out which cost us a fortune as i had to throw it all out,
theres a bed side table in the front room what ever that is in aid of i have no idear,
the walls are all marked,
the double glazed verander doors does not shut properly causing a draft,
you are given one flat pillow only each,
the place is a absolute disgrace and i cannot belive they are renting such dirty filthy run down 80s awful shacks out to the public,
i am considering reporting this holiday park how they have the bare face cheek to call what i stayed in a luxuary gold lodge is beyond me,
i dont reccomend this place
i certainly wont be returning ever our holiday was completely ruined by the bad surroundings of this dirty filthy shack.

3  Thank kally6

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your recent stay with us. I welcome all feedback from our holiday-makers, be it positive or negative, as this helps us to improve and evolve.

During the same week that you stayed with us we received many extremely positive comments and feedback, as we usually do. I can therefore only apologise that our usual high standards were not fully met during your recent stay.

I would urge you, and any other guests who experience shortcomings to the extent that you have listed here, to ask to speak to me directly while they are on Park or before they leave. We can then come to an amicable resolution, as is usually the case.

Once again, we are sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your holiday with us on this occasion, but we hope you will come back to us in the future as I have noted that you have previously enjoyed good holidays here. If you wish to discuss any aspect of a future booking please contact me on 01626 818350.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

myself , my husband and our four kids came to coast view in august 2012 for a 7 night stay in the top camping fields. oh my god...its a very steep walk up there! so do be warned if you camp and struggle with hills...my husband has astma so was a bit of an issue with him, and from the top the its quite a walk down to toilet blocks - BUT apart from that no complaints...the view from the top fields is more than worth it if you you dont mind the slopes and id go to the very top...as the pitches are great up there. Toilet blocks were very clean, nice hot showers too....no complaints.

theres a nice little shop on site selling all essentials and staff were very friendly and chatty.

the club house is a nice size with stunning views, theres an ice cream parlour and food to be served - we had no complaints, enjoyed our food and the prices were reasonable. The entertainment was basic - there was an entertainer/magician for the kids and a disco - but it was more than adequate and all we needed for a family holiday .

theres a park on site and an assault course that my kids loved.

The pool is a great size and again with amazing views!

theres a coastal walk to shaldon sea front where you get a small ferry boat over to teignmouth, we thought this made for a lovely trip into teignmouth - beats travelling by bus! lots to do in teighnmouth and great beach. but shaldon was also lovely with places to eat and drink along the beach...there was a music festival on the green and a water/boat carnival along shaldon beach which was a fab day, a great atmosphere and something they apparently do every year.

overall the park makes a good getaway with breathtaking views, we would come back but perhaps stay in a caravan this time not so high up the hills!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
CoastViewHolidayPark, General Manager at Coast View, Shaldon, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your holiday with us. Really pleased to hear you had such a good time with us here at Coast View, and look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

With Kind Regards,

The Coast View Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shaldon
Potters Mooring Hotel
The Ness
The Ness
#1 of 7 in Shaldon
Lady's Mile Holiday Park

Been to Coast View, Shaldon? Share your experiences!