We booked a last minute break here for the Easter week (Mon 25th - Fri 29th) and stayed in one of the Starfish chalets. When I say last minute I mean last minute - we didn't actually book it until the morning of the 25th so we got it for a very good price. We had no idea what to expect having never been to this park before but when we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised.
The views from the park were fantastic and our chalet was clean, spacious and had everything we needed including a dishwasher, flat screen tv plus central heating throughout. It even had its own private, decked patio with a stunning view of the sea.
You can walk down into Shaldon from the park which is one of the reasons we chose it, often holiday parks are stuck in the middle of nowhere and you have to drive everywhere. Its a pleasant downhill walk through the golf course opposite and the views are amazing but its a challenge walking back up as the hill is quite steep.
Shaldon is a lovely little place with some good pubs, and a very picturesque village green. I would recommend taking the boat over to Teignmouth which is a also a very nice place to explore.
We didn't try out the pool or club on site but the playarea was great and the pets corner was nice for kids. Fortunately we had fantastic weather all week which only highlighted the stunning scenery but we wouldn't hesitate to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coast View is the perfect place to unwind with spectacular views of the Jurassic Coast or treat yourselves in some of the finest wine-bars and restaurants that the West Country has to offer. Ideally located for Dartmoor and the English Riviera, Exeter and Torquay, plus a whole range of fantastic on-park facilities, you will be spoilt for choice. Coast View is situated on a hill top, offering spectacular views of the scooped-out bay, peppered with luxury yachts and motorboats ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Coast View Holiday Park Hotel Shaldon
- Coast View Holiday Park Shaldon
- Coast View, Shaldon Devon