“Perfect little zoo”

Shaldon Wildlife Trust
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Shaldon
More attraction details
Owner description: The small zoo making a big difference! Set in an acre of woodland garden above the attractive coastal village of Shaldon, we look after, and help preserve, some of the rarest and most endangered animals in the world.
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I have visited this little zoo in Shaldon many , many times . It only takes about an hour to look around but is well worth a visit . Staff are always polite and happy to answer any questions you may have . Best to visit when the sun is out as can be pretty grim in the wet .

There are newer reviews for Shaldon Wildlife Trust

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Loved the monkeys!
A little expensive for what it is but if you get the ferry to teignmouth first then you can get a free child place on the back of the ferry ticket!

1  Thank Jevs22
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My daughter went to Ecuador last year so a reminder of some of the monkeys she worked with was a real treat. Clean, friendly, charmimgly presented wild life with room and attracive settings,

Reviewed May 15, 2012

My partner and I visited Shaldon Zoo after a picnic on The Ness beach (through the tunnel). I had never been and he hadn't been for many years.
We were a little put off by the ticket price but as a one off we decided to visit.
The zoo is very well organised with lots of information about the residents.
It's very family friendly but I recommend not taking a pushchair as their are stepped areas.
The enclosures are very easy to view, especially the meerkats who are most amusing!
I don't think we'd go again but it's a lovely place to take young children who like animals

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Not a huge place but worth a visit it is in a great location and nicely layed out we enjoyed watching the meercats All the animals seem healthy and active with some nice enclosures.