“7 Beautiful days”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Tawton
Nichols Nymet House
Ranked #1 of 1 North Tawton B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“7 Beautiful days”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I spend 7 beautiful days. The service was just perfect, they didn't boder me all the time trying to be kind. They were there just when I needed, the rest of the time I felt absolutely confortable at home. Nice landscape, nice walkings, visits to Natural Park and nice coast villages (it's close to the coast but much, much cheapper to stay)... and very good breakfast! Everything was clean and well heated (I could regulate the heatter myself). Hot water is immediate, and they were nice people to chat with when I was bored or I needed some indications to travel around the area. I absolutely recommend!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RAUL P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Decided to stay here, as am researching the family history of Henry Allwright Hughes, who lived here in his later years until he died in 1861. House is looking a little tired, but the owners were very welcoming and friendly. Obviously they are working hard to keep the property going and are worth supporting. Room spotless and clean, albeit not being one of the principle rooms did not enjoy the view over the spectacular views to the front of the property. Very, very comfortable bed and i enjoyed a good nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ken G
Bucks
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Our family of 6 stayed in the largest of the stable cottages and it was perfect for us. The open plan design of the kitchen, dining area and lounge meant we could all be together but still have plenty of space. The kitchen is lovely and modern and well equipped. Added bonus that there are two toilets - one separate to the bathroom. The kids loved meeting the pony and exploring the grounds. The patio area was a lovely place to drink tea and relax and dry off the swimming stuff. Paul and Muriel are so welcoming and helpful - bending over backwards to help. Surrounding countryside is beautiful and so peaceful. All in all a lovely place to holiday. :D

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank N D
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed in room 1 of the Nichols Nymet hotel and what a pleasure it was! I had a very friendly and warm greeting on arrival by both Paul and Muriel and then Muriel took me up to the room to get me settled. The room was spotless and smelled really clean and fresh. The view from the windows of beautiful rolling Devon countryside was fantastic and could be seen quite easily from the comfort of the large 4 poster bed. The furniture was old but in the sense that it had character and had been well looked after and fitted in with house beautifully. Breakfast was fantastic (I will be dreaming of those mushrooms till I next go back in August) and the whole time that I was there I was made to feel like a friend rather than just a guest. Will return again and again to this little gem in the countryside.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Wee_debs2003
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2011

In their lovely, old-fashioned country house, not only did the entire family make me feel very welcome, but they went right out of their way to help me. I didn't feel like a customer; I felt like a house guest spending the night with friends. I was fascinated by their home, including the magnificant organs, pianos and the super sound system, and I felt complimented to be invited into their company. They excelled on all the usual criteria, but they went much further at a personal level. They made me feel special.....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Caoinhim
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2010

When you enter the spacious breakfast room at Nichols Nymet, you cannot but be impressed by the two organ consoles, one relatively modest with 2 manuals and the other a huge affair with 4 manuals, more resembling a Boeing 747 flightdeck than an organ! I'm a professional organist and have often stayed with the Goodman's in between concerts when I'm in the UK. They are the most hospitable and delightful hosts and staying at Nichols Nymet is always a very relaxing experience indeed. It's set amongst some of the most idyllic countryside you could ever find and the silence is only occasionally broken by the odd sheep perambulating around (trying to find the nearest organ console...). The rooms are are very nice and with extremely comfortable beds. The recent Wi-fi innovations are also very useful.

Definitely well worth a visit!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
london
Reviewed May 2, 2010

What a great week, the best of everything. A lovely 18th century manor house with
very comfortable rooms. great countryside, and fantastic hosts. Paul and Murial make you feel like part of the family. Nichols Nymet makes a great base for exploring devon and cornwall, or just enjoy the peace and quiet. i will return many more times.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Nichols Nymet House? Share your experiences!