See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 13, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at The Victoria House B & B and we will definitely be returning again. Heather and David really make you feel like you are staying with friends. You have the luxury and quality of a 5 star hotel but with a very personal and relaxed atmosphere. You have your own front door key and can come and go as you please. You can choose the time for your breakfast and they are always on-hand to ask about the local area or to borrow a book. Heather and David make you feel completely relaxed and pampered. The breakfasts are just gorgeous with homemade bread every morning. The location is stunning at any time of year but in the sunshine there is no better place to be. I almost want to keep it a secret. It is now our little retreat and a place we will visit whenever we need to unwind. Thank you so much Heather and David.

Date of stay: April 2010
Reviewed November 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Victoria House, at the end of October 2009. What an amazing location! We stayed in the beach house which is situated on it's own decked area next to the main house and has simply incredible views of the sea below. The Beach House itself was cosy, homely, warm and nicely furnished and the perfect place for anyone visiting Woolacombe for a walking and surfing holiday like we were. I was able to walk 15 yards from the door of the beach house, over the road and check the waves from Woolacombe bay, across Barricane, Coomesgate and The Grunter. Then if I fancied a surf, it was 10 mins walk down to the water, amazing! With it's own entrance the Beach House is perfect for surfers; I left my surfboard and wetsuit out to dry on the secluded deck during the day between surfs!

Add to this an extremely and friendly landlady, Heather, serving gourmet breakfasts which just keep on coming (Especially in the case of the pancakes!) and you have one of the best places I can imagine for sea lovers visiting the North Devon Coast. We'll be back, Oh yes!

Reviewed November 10, 2009

We have stayed in the Beach House at Victoria House twice now, and have thoroughly enjoyed it both times. The view is fantastic, looking out over Morte Point and Lundy Island. Heather is a great host and made us feel most welcome. Breakfast is served in the main house at a time to suit you and is of a very high standard.
Thanks for making our stay so relaxed, we will be back.

Date of stay: November 2009
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I recently stayed here with my partner for a short break. I have stayed in many B&B's over the years around the west country are but i don't think i have been to anywhere with such an excellent setting or with hosts so relaxed it feels as if you are staying with friends and how anyone could feel differently is so far beyond me.

The area itself has so much to offer for all ages from horse riding and surfing to simply walking and taking in the surroundings (which we did alot of). There are more than enough places to eat out throughout the day and all very well priced, i have to say though that the exquisit breakfast selection we were afforded each morning kept us going all day until the evening and then each night to sit with a bottle of wine looking out to sea was quite simply out of this world.

I loved the fact that YOU could choose what time you had breakfast and out of courtesy each night was asked just to let Heather and David know what you wanted for breakfast and at what time, perfectly reasonable and hardly a chore, and apart from that the time is your own.

I certainly am going back the begining of next year and would not stay anywhere else....

Thank you Heather and David for contributing to a very memorable weekend and for your sins you WILL be seeing us again. Rob & Jo

Reviewed November 3, 2009