See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at Victoria House, Heather and David were attentive hosts and I was made to feel very welcome. The rooms are fantastic, with amazing views across to the sea and beyond. I felt very relaxed throughout my stay and could have actually just sat at the window of my room to watch the world go by.

The breakfast was excellent, with a brilliant selection. It was particularly nice that Heather did not set a time but I was free to say when I wanted to have breakfast between 8am and 11:30 am ( you would not it too late though as there is a great footpath just opposite!).

I would definitely recommend Victoria House to everyone, I wish I had a house like it!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My stay at Victoria House was the highlight of my UK trip. The view from our room was stunning -both the bedroom and bathroom overlooked the sea. I immediately felt a sense of relaxation. On top of that, we had tropical-like weather! David and Heather ensured that we were comfortable, and breakfast was amazing. I hope to stay there again one day.

Room Tip: Ask if room overlooks the sea - mine did. The beach-house overlooks the sea and seems really nice; it has its own patio.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
r0xx, Owner at Victoria House, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Gloria, I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you enjoyed showing hubby round the rest of the UK. You can come back anytime if you bring that wonderful weather with you! It was lovely to meet you both. Take care, Heather and David.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at Victoria house. The first thing I saw was a stunning sea view and noticed the wonderful walk area. The room was clean and well presented with personal touches that were inviting. Breakfast was yummy with plenty of selection and of high quality. The friendly service was excellent and I will defiantly be returning!!! The place to stay without a doubt.
Thank you very much for a wonderful trip.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The hospitality was wonderful from start to finish. Nice thoughtful touches around the place.
The beach house is a glorious place to wake up when the sun is shining. The view is amazing.
The breakfast menu is extensive so you won't go hungry. The best thing about breakfast for me was that we could eat any time between 8am and 11:30am. I didn't feel rushed to get up and grab breakfast before it was over.
I could live here.
Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
r0xx, Owner at Victoria House, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences with us. I see you have found our Facebook page too, for anybody else who would like to keep in touch it is Victoria House Bed and Breakfast Most of the guests we have feel like friends by the time they leave and we certainly felt like that with you both. I certainly hope to see you again and look forward to keeping in touch via Facebook. I hope your essay you were worried about went well, I'm sure it did.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been to Mortehoe about 10-15 times and Victoria house is by far the best place I have stayed there in the last 50 years and is as nice a place, at its level, as I have stayed…ever. It’s not grand, it’s not pretentious, it’s just a friendly and well run B&B that does truly wonderful breakfasts. Like most people I read the reviews before I went. Most were very positive but I did notice one particularly negative review that did unsettle me a little and I don’t thank them for that. After staying there I did feel that the writer had exaggerated his or her perceived negatives or was trolling.
We were blessed with staying in the “Beach House”. As our erstwhile reviewer pointed out….it’s not on the beach. No s**t Sherlock. Buckingham Palace is not in Buckingham and I would urge you not to go looking for Leeds castle cos that ain’t there either. It’s a name and anyone viewing any of the pictures will appreciate that. So having established that you won’t be woken by the incoming tide lapping at your door what will you awake to? Well my advice is, get up, make yourself a cuppa, open the blinds and sit in bed. Look at the sea view, on a clear day Lundy in the distance. To the right of that, uninterrupted views of National Trust land stretching out to Morte Point with the odd walker and a few dozen sheep. We were blessed with fine sunny weather so we also had the option to sit on the decking in front of our room. Now the owner wants to take care of his belongings so every night the Day-bed is covered as are the outside table and chairs, both of which you have use of. Commendable. But as our erstwhile reviewer pointed out you will have to take the cover off if you want to use it first thing. Not exactly labour intensive. Alternatively, later in the day, the covers will be taken off by the owners and prepared for your use.
Then breakfast. As stated – wonderful. If you have issues with their breakfast you need medical help.
Breakfast is served in the first room in the house so access is “comfortable”, no wandering through the owners private space. The breakfast room is high ceiling, well decorated and above all, CLEAN. Cutlery and crockery is spotless, not even any runs on the sauce bottles and at B&B level that is unusual.
The Beach House is also kept clean. You have the key so you come and go as you please. It is decorated along the lines of New England coastal property, pastel blues and whites and we found the bed extremely comfortable, nearly oversleeping the first day. Small shower??? Shabby floor??? Some people really need to get out more.
I realise that this may seem a little gushing which may make you wary of my review but we really did have a superb 5 day break. I have never met the owners before but do hope I meet them again. I could raise negatives but they were so insignificant I wouldn’t want to tarnish this review with them. If tripadvisor is to be effective users mustn’t bottle out and feel the need to make mountains out of molehills. If it is good, say so, period! It ain’t cheap, there are places in Mortehoe that are, but here you do get what you hope the extra will buy you. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Choose the Beach House. For me privacy is the trump card.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple