“Best cooked breakfast in Lifton and Launceston”

Lifton Farm Shop Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Lifton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Corsham, United Kingdom
“Best cooked breakfast in Lifton and Launceston”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The overwhelming majority of the staff are wonderful but it has to be said that there are one or two that could do with a reminder that they are in the customer service industry.
But this didn't detract from what has on the whole a great choice for breakfast virtually every morning of our holiday.
Mrs F had the biggest serving of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (we tried guessing how many eggs and we think 4), whilst I had the hearty farmer (big full English) but only once as even I struggled to finish it so since then had to have the "normal" size.
Its easy to see that the family that own and operate the farm shop have spent a lot of time, care and re-invested in their business - well done. It shows.
Special "attaboy" to the young baker who took the time to examine to our two kids how the "dough rolling machine" worked, our son has been fascinated ever since and wants one for home (thanks for that!)
Wouldn't go anywhere else for breakfast and you've got to try their pick your own strawberries!

• Visited July 2013
Laura M, Manager at Lifton Farm Shop Restaurant, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Mark F
Firstly many thanks for your detailed review and giving us so much feedback that we can share with staff. You did guess right with the number of eggs that you had for scrambled egg - it was 4! Its also great to hear that you feel that the family really have taken care and pride in the place because believe me, we really do! I would love to hear more about the staff you encountered and any more detailed feedback would be welcome, they have all got name badges aswell so can be easily identified. Contact details can be found on our website. Many thanks once again and I look forward to seeing you for breakfast on another occasion!

Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Glad I bypassed the motorway services”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Driving to Cornwall for a family occasion I broke my journey overnight in a Travelodge. The next morning I was keen to get on the road so didn't bother with breakfast. Driving along the A30 a couple of hours later I was in need of a loo stop and a cuppa when I spotted a sign for the Lifton Farm Shop.

It's not far off the road and was easy to find. Large car park, spacious clean building and a very nice bacon roll and a pot of tea served by a friendly cheery waitress. A far cry from the overcrowded, grubby, misery of the usual motorway services. Price was better too.

Will look out for this on future trips West!

Dear ukwlb
Many thanks for writing the review and I am glad that you have now found us and will be using us instead of the motorway services. We are open 7 days a week from 8 in the morning until 6 in the evening so would welcome you at any time of the day. Hope to see you again soon as you travel west.
Many thanks
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Much better than the motorway services”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We regularly travel from Hereford to Cornwall and the motorway services are only average to poor on the way down. As we were a little earlier than normal, we decided to travel on further thab normal and came across this wonderful farm shop just off the Exeter to North Cornwall road near Launceston. On driving in, the Magic Roundabout themed flower beds were glorious and we were immediately uplifted. The meal was huge and well cooked, with prompt service and thoroughly recommendable. Incidentally, the farm shop also supplied the needs for the weekend in our cottage, which was an extra bonus.

Dear Phil S
Many thanks for your kind review and I am so glad that you decided to drive on a bit further and then found us! Hopefully we will see you now on a more regular basis as you travel down to Cornwall. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“OK...”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Came across this place on our way back from holiday. Unfortunately they stopped serving main meals literally as we came in, so can't comment on the carvery. Instead we ordered sandwiches and a cream tea. Both were acceptable but certainly no more. The place was really large but seemed very quiet; this was probably the time of day rather than anything else. No complaints but equally nothing that stood out either.

Dear CoDorset
I would like to thank you very much for writing a review as we value all feedback and aim to act on it to make our customer's experience even better. As you rightly said we had stopped serving our main specials when you came and do so from 12.00 - 2.30pm. After this time we still serve breakfasts/sandwiches etc as you had. I am sorry that you felt your cream tea was not amazing as we feel that with our homemade scones, Cornish clotted cream and homemade strawberry jam it really should have been amazing! I am sorry that you did not feel this and any more welcome feedback would be great (details can be found on our website). If there is anything else that I can help you with then please let me know.
Many thanks for your review once again and I hope that we will see you in the shop and restaurant again
Devon
“The Best Restaurant/Farm Shop we have encountered”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Somewhat surprising to encounter such uniformly friendly and helpful service, tucked away in the countryside. Young, cheerful staff obviously carefully selected and trained, and simple freshly prepared food produced to a high standard. Basically a family run business, and the menu is based upon their own and locally grown produce. The kitchen is in full view, and
If you're in the area, it's worth a detour, and makes even more sense to take a freezer box or bag to take some bread pastries vegetables and fruit for home consumption.
(Not open in the evening)

• Visited June 2013
Dear chaseruk7
Firstly many thanks for your review and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you found lots of yummy products in the shop that you were able to take home with you. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again soon in the shop and restaurant.
Many thanks