“Evening meal / drinks”

Arundell Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lifton
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Had this hotel bar recommended by Newmoor Park Guest House (separate revue - A1) which, is a short distance away.
Very friendly staff, not in your face, great food (pork loin and duck) and a good selection of local ciders.
We plan to use the guest house again and will be using the Hotel bar for our food.
This isn't a 'pub' type venue so its quite and peaceful. The building has clearly so much history and has been sympathetically renewed to make it the standard it is.
Than you

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ted6228
Arundell-Arms, Owner at Arundell Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday in Devon and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Yours

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed in this Hotel for a wedding locally and had to move rooms due to the lack of no internet signal as I still had to work on and off over the weekend the staff were very accommodating and we were moved to a better area so I could access the internet
The restaurant served excellent food we ate in the Bar the staff were very friendly The only thing I would say is the Hotel is in need OF some TLC for the price you are paying the sofas in the main sitting room are thread bear and the first bedroom we stayed in the bathroom needed some updating I would stay again its always nice to see a Hotel which is well looked after I am sure behind the scenes that someone is going to bring this Hotel into the 21ST centenary with modern decor

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear BanburyOscar

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our food and the friendliness of our staff team.

One of the sofas in the Sitting Room was tired but it has been replaced this week and I hope that you will enjoy it on your next visit.

Yours

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great welcome in this village hotel on the main road, which has been by-passed. Plenty of parking, and comfortable lounge where we met our friends. Bar also available. Large restaurant where we had the five course gourmet meal. Canapes, Home made Tomato Soup, Crab salad, Sorbet, Beautiful Beef, Honey pudding, coffee.
We stayed the night and this hotel is really for fishing and shooting, which is evident from the rods and pictures. The room was well equipped over the dining room with side view of the garden.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2014

what a fantastic hotel, staff and owner offer excellent service ,
great location for fishing, this hotel offers everything you need to have a great weekend away
meals are excellent,service is excellent rooms and hotel are excellent
this is a little Devon gem

looking forward to a return visit

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jim0042013

Dear Jim0042013
It was a pleasure to meet a fellow ex RAF. Thank you for your review and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here last weekend and had a vey good break. Our little girl was ill and the staff couldn't do enough for us. The atmosphere was really nice - very chilled out and relaxed and although the bedrooms could really do with a revamp (which I think they are doing in stages) we were very comfortable (we did ask for one at the back so didn't have any road noise). We are real foodies and there is a restaurant and bar menu - so its nice to have the option of more formal meals or bar food like burgers etc. If you are into fishing with my husband is then the facilities are amazing and the Ghillies very helpful.

Room Tip: the rooms at the back are bigger and quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was on a special deal that included a 5 course tasting menu that was outstanding and left us looking forward to breakfast the next day (which was also excellent with a choice of not just the standard cooked English but kippers or salmon with scrambled egg, along with several others. The room was fantastic, quaint but with all the amenities and a comfortable bed. Nightcaps at the bar are a good idea too. As much as I enjoyed it, I did think that the normal costs for this is a bit steep.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed here for business and booked this hotel as it seemed almost every other hotel in the south west of England was full, which worried me a little, but it needn't have after all.

I booked a single bed, as that was all they had, but the bed is still quite large so don't be put off by the "single bed" status. The room was small, but had all of the amenities you will need. Cosy and clean.

The bar and restaurant are nice. The choice of food is really good and it is all very well cooked. The waiters in the bar and restaurant could do with some lesson in service, however, reception and check in went swimmingly without any procrastination.

There is a lovely secret garden out the back of the hotel, which is nice for a drink in the sunshine and a bit of peace and quiet.

I'd stay here again if i was in the area, a great little hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with a 'Single Bed', however, it is still quite a big bed, so don't b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lifton
Lifton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Bovey
Hotel Endsleigh
Hotel Endsleigh
#1 of 1 in Milton Abbot

Been to Arundell Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!