“Very friendly, comfortable, good menu”
Review of Ashburton Arms

Ashburton Arms
Ranked #18 of 68 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Came here on our first night of a week staying locally, having experienced a less than friendly reception at the nearby Globe , we were genuinely charmed by the staff here. Cosy, friendly bar and restaurant area, varied menu including great steaks. There are "normal" steak dishes or you can cook your own on a hot rock at the table, 3 nights a week! Dog friendly, nice range of clientele. Top marks.

2  Thank CreamTea77

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed local and ate there every night could not fault the food or the ale
The landlord was a good host and kept us well informed as to local information
Would recommend it to all

1  Thank parkins
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Extensive menu but we found the quality of the food only average. Welcoming and friendly staff but our overall impression was one of disappointment.

2  Thank palmer38
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A couple of friends and I were looking at going for something to eat at another place in Kingsbridge but read the reviews and decided that the Ashburton Arms sounded much better. I have passed it many times and from the outside it just didn't appeal to me, I don't know why.
Inside it is has a traditional local pub feel and there were a few people in there eating and others sitting at the bar drinking. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the service very good. There was a lot of choice for food and we all enjoyed every bit of what we ate. One had the fishcakes, they other a fish pie (and was even asked if they would shellfish in it or left out if allergic to it) and I had the mushroom stroganoff and asked for chips and peas instead of rice, which wasn't a problem. The portions were really good and it was very tasty. We had a really enjoyable night out and I will certainly go back again, I'm just sorry that I haven't been before.

1  Thank flossiepig
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place could have been wonderful but it wasn't. It was so lacking in character and atmosphere. Very clean, very regimented, very well lit. Obviously a very houseproud landlady who has scrubbed it clean of personality. Food ok, but forgettable. Unwelcoming on arrival.We won't be back.

3  Thank Kathryn M