“Pretty Location - So So Food”
Review of Church House Inn

Church House Inn
Ranked #22 of 67 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Pretty Location - So So Food”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Went for a birthday meal with my wife. The building was amazing and though our meal had to be sent back (raw inedible skate) we got the impression we might have been the exception. We might give it another try, but not yet.

Visited October 2013

“Lovely Locals and Food”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Had dinner here 2 nights in a row. Great tasting quality pub food. Good portions, very good beers and lovely staff. The locals were welcoming and good too look at. Very good place for a supper out

Visited February 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“sunday carvery”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Have been to this pub over the years many times ,went with a small family gathering on sunday a couple of weeks back, we booked for half one, the food for its price was just average,ran out of red cabbage,and to be honest i found the rest of the veg overcooked and soggy,shant be rushing back as there are plenty of other places offering a roast or carvery with fresh veg and better value for money.

• Visited January 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Horrible!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I have eaten here before, so as we were going to stay at Dartmouth for the night, lunch at The Churchhouse Inn seemed a must. As getting out of the car in the car park, the smell of cooking oil was strong and unpleasant. There was only one other couple in the pub, the staff were hardly run off their feet. There was no warm and friendly greetings as you would have perhaps expected from a village pub who would have been glad of the bussiness. My Husband ordered the battered fish, the Thai fish cakes were to be my choice. They were awful, over cooked, dry and totally inedible. It seems they were taken out of the freezer and plunged into the deep fat fryer. The Lady who served us could not have been less interested as she walked past our table several times and ignored my pushed aside uneaten food. When she did clear our table, I commented that I couldn't eat the food, all she said was 'sorry about that'. she then avoided us, I approached her as we were leaving and asked if she was happy to charge us for such bad food. She admitting the kitchen had tried my food and told me that was how they served them, although they were a 'bit crunchy'. Apparently it is their policy to only ask diners if their food is alright in the evenings, obviously they do not care at lunchtimes. I accepted a refund and left vowing never to return again.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Sharon22tim
Devon
“Sunday carvery”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I treated my husband to a carvery here for his Birthday. He really enjoyed it and so did i!
This is one of the best carverys in the South Hams.

• Visited November 2013