“Great Fish”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I popped in on a whim, I ordered a whole plaice, which was cooked to perfection and my wife ordered baked salmon on a bed of fine green beans with a veloute sauce. Whilst they did not have a bottle of the NZ white wine we ordered, a more than adequate alternative was offered at the same price. Service was efficient, polite and friendly. We'll be back

There are newer reviews for Church House Inn

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had Sunday Lunch at The Church House Inn recently and it was good. I did book a table the day before and the man who answered the 'phone said, after checking, that he could accommodate us at 12 noon, but we had to be gone by 1pm, as the table was booked for someone else, which was a bit off-putting.
However, I was first up to the carvery and had the beef. There were loads of vegetables and I particularly liked the mashed swede. We would have preferred to have been in the restaurant, but had a table in the bar.
The staff were friendly and my husband particularly enjoyed the bread & butter pudding he had for dessert, as it had plenty of fruit in it.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a quick alternative to eating at home, then this is a good bet.

The food is like good home cooking and the staff are very pleasant.

I would visit again just for a break from cooking but for a nice evening out it would not be my first choice.

It could do with updating and the food is average.

Not a bad place, just nothing special.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family came here on a Saturday evening in January. It's a good thing we booked as it was busy. There was a good choice of food on the menu as well as a carvery which seems to be very popular with the locals. Good ales (Tribune & Doom Bar) as well as nice open fires make this a nice place to be even if you are not eating. There were plenty of staff and we were well looked after. We were given a separate room to dine in just off the main bar which made for a most pleasant experience.
There is a large car park at the back and some tables outside which would make for nice alfresco dining in the summer. We will return.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

On strength of an October visit where we had a very nice carvery, booked for Christmas Day hoping it would live up to expectations. We were not disappointed! Lovely 5 course meal with a calm relaxed and convivial atmosphere. Service from all was helpful and prompt, food again of a very high quality especially the loin of lamb (melt in the mouth) Will definitely be visiting again in near future. Recommended.