“Unhappy.....”
Review of The Crabshell Inn

The Crabshell Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crabshell Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The CRABSHELL INN is gloriously situated on the quayside in Kingsbridge and with its south westerly aspect basks in the sun all day. The Crabshell is gaining a fine reputation as an eatery of distinction with an increasingly acclaimed menu. The Inn is “child friendly” and children of all ages are very welcome…
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Crabshell Inn is situated in a pleasant situation close to the Estuary. It is a shame therefore that the bar staff are not more pleasant. I was served with limited politeness no real welcome and refused a glass of wine of 125cc. Eventually I was given one. Sadly after a bowl of fairly ordinary soup and roll I was charge £4.75 for the mediocre glass of Sauvignon when my Colleague was charged £4.25 for a 175cc glass of Merlot.When the price was queried the reply was ' That is our policy'!

Over priced, average food and not pleasant staff. I would not recommend it....

Reviewed December 4, 2012

If the weather is good and the tide is in bring your crabbing gear and the kids will be entertained whilst you have a leisurely drink and snack in the sunshine.
Food is very good here. If crabbing is not an option then I would recommend getting a baby sitter and making a night of it.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

lovely food, enjoyed the fresh fish and the warm welcome from the bar staff. Nothing seemed too much trouble.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Dropped in by chance for a lunchtime sandwich. The position and ambiance of the Crabshell indicated ar once that the choice was a wise one. Staff behind the bar were very welcoming and helpful.Service was quick. The drinks were pretty standard but the Crab sandwiches-well, words fail me!! Superb is the only word that comes to mind. Piles of delicious crab meat and fresh brown bread with proper butter.With the salad which was also very good just right for a lunchtime meal. We will certainly visit again when we return to South Hams. Oh yes I forgot the chips- also spot on and plenteous

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Last visited back in 2001 and hoped from adverts and reviews the experience would be an improvement. The Crabshell has so much potential, positioned in the best position in town overlooking the entrance to the estuary, so fantastic location... Beer is good (Doom Bar on draught when we visited) so no issue there.. However, food was terrible and service not much better. Ok it was a busy saturday night when we visited but the table we had (next to the door) had the previous occupants food spead underneath, so not a good start. I ordered the mussels in white wine and was shocked to find they weren't served with any bread/fries and for almost £14 I would have expected this (or at least been told when I ordered), the sauce was like a lukewarm dishwater with the odd bit of onion. My companion ordered the chicken pasta and was presented with a massive bowl of pasta with squares of processed chicken mixed in... Was really looking forward to this meal out but was left feeling extremely let down.