“Budget Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Exmouth
Worcestershire
“Budget Hotel”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

You get what you pay for so don't expect the Ritz's (past reviewers please note).
For what you pay this is a good hotel great sea views, great location, clean and very friendly staff also has a bar which is more than adequate.
Would defiantly return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
11 Thank Gary K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Some of these reviewers stayed in a different hotel to me. Perhaps in a parallel universe.
Being on a budget "just go" coach tour with friends I didn't expect 5* and got a very pleasent surprise.
The hotel was clean and the staff friendly.
The food was excellent, well prepared, arrived hot and was really well served.
Certainly would stay again so long as I had a seaview room again.
Have stayed in few business and seaside hotels and this is among the best.

Room Tip: Get a seaview room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank john l
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Having read all the reviews, alot of nasty and may I say unjust remarks have been made about the Ashton Court Hotel. I found the Hotel clean and staff to be very helpful and friendly. The views from my bedroom window were magnificant, I would say the best seaviews that I have ever seen, far better than any other Hotel in exmouth. The Food was excelliant, a very well balance menu, and all freshly made and cooked. overall it was excelliant value for money, and I would certainly visit again.
Also I would like to say that I found the lady than ran the hotel, Jackie, I found to be very polite helpful and pleasent, im shocked at the things that was said about her in some of the reviews, Slander is the word that springs to mind.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank jason s
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as part of a coach party for a reasonable price so was not expecting fantastic quality. As soon as you walked in the hotel the stale smell hit you. The carpets are in need of a good clean. Our room was very small,one of our pillowcases was full of holes, some of the towels were thread bare, a nice layer of dust on top of the headboard and splashes of something on the walls and skirting board.
The waiting staff did their best and were polite. The food they served was pretty poor and had been cooked well in advance. One night we asked for the vegeterian option on the menu but was told you needed to pre order it. The so called chef obviously takes no pride in what he/she is serving. On our last night we ate at a hotel a few doors away as we wanted one decent meal while we were away. Reception was hardly ever manned.
On the plus side we had a wonderful view from our room. In the right hands and with a bit of money spent this could be a lovely hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank teresa f

Travelers are raving about these Exmouth hotels

stoke on trent
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We travelled to this hotel with a local travel company for a 5 day/4 night break. The hotel was dirty, our room (Attic) was very small and never cleaned in all the time we were there. The staff were ok except the lady who rtan it who we nicknamed Mortisha owing to her asttitude.
The food was acceptable although served on small plates to make it look plentiful.

The floor in our bedroom sloped from front to back. The bedding was clean, towels ok and changed.

If you take my advice you will steer well clear of this awful hotel. I don't expect 5 star for a bargain break but do expect a clean hotel.

I watched a member of staff in the dining room speak to a table and then go and put 4 sweets into bowls and put them on one side to ensure they got the sweet they wanted !!!!!!!

Not for me ever again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank valite
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have just returned from 4 nights at the Hotel. We were part of a party of 51 persons. The serving staff were excellant in all ways and the food was very good for star rating of the hotel.
However a number of the party found their rooms dirty on arrival and in one case the beds hadn't been changed!
One of our party dropped a potato onto the floor in the Dining Room and it was still there 2 days later. The carpets in our room and the stairways could do with a jolly good clean.
The entertainment in the evenings was very good.
Such a pity it let itself down by not keeping the cleaning standards up to scratch.

Room Tip: Sea side rooms at the front have a lovely view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank raymondcoe
wales
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We have been here twice, once in 2007 and then in 2009 - the hotel was a little tired looking, but for the price I was pleased, it was a cheap holiday for what we got - it's not 5* so you get what you pay for - I found the staff to be very helpful, though it was only at meal times that we saw them......food was adequate and as I've said for the price we payed we were more than happy, though there were a few on our tour who moaned about the variety of food, I thought it was OK, think they thought they were staying in a 5* place and expected a full on menu......breakfast was a choice of cereal, full english followed by toast and tea. Dinner was a choice of 3 starters, 3 main and 3 desserts....so there should be something to your taste.
We were lucky and had a seaview on our second visit, and what a lovely view it was, our room on both trips was fine, plenty of storage, bathrooms could have been bigger but we managed.
There is lots to do for kids and adults in and around the area too. Great park along the esplanade and of course the lovely safe beach. Just a short walk from the hotel is the town with lovely shops.....a walk to the harbour was well worth it too. We would love to go back one day.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family