3,604 results
All reviewsmash and barrelsouth beach cafeburger kingon sitepapa johnsprestige caravanswimming poolentertainment complexfun starsthe main complexsports barfiring rangespar shopcrazy golfall agesfish and chip shopaerial adventure
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Having visited Devon cliffs most of my life on and off, we decided to become owners at the holiday park. At first this was a great novelty but soon enough this wore off and we felt just like another set of bodies through the door. The food is over priced and poorly prepared. The function rooms are not big enough for the demand. Haven have a lot of work to do to make this flag ship site great again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul F
Devon_Cliffs_Exmouth, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Hi Paul F,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your thoughts on Devon Cliffs although it's very disappointing for all of us to read that we're not exceeding your expectations at the moment.

Please remember that we're all here to help and as Trip Advisor is anonymous please pop into the office for a chat to talk through any issues which you may be having.

Customer Relations

Reviewed October 31, 2017

We have stayed in Haven caravans for years via the Sun holiday scheme and have always been really lucky with the caravans in terms of cleanliness, space and location. I always pay for an upgrade ( Prestige level) as it is usually worth the extra.

However I was disappointed by Devon Cliffs. People had raved about the park, which is absolutely huge!! So many caravans, which made check -in a nightmare. Very long queues at the check- in,which wasn't event at reception. It had to be held in the bar, where they had arranged a mini office with little organisation. Once we got to the caravan, it was awfully musty and smelly. Bed linen was stained. The kettle was disgustingly full of limescale so couldn't be used. I had a text from facilities that night asking how we were and I text them the issues. To be fair, they sent a team of cleaners around the next day to sort it and it made a difference . I don't think it had been cleaned prior to our arrival.
The park itself has been invested in, with the main clubhouse area and pool area looking smart. A range of shops and even a craft stall market were there on our stay.
Good location by the beach but we didn't visit it due to poor weather but I bet it is lovely there in the summer. Also a nice bar/restaurant area right by the beach overlooking the sea but we didn't use it. On check out, I asked whether or not I could have a refund on difference of my upgrade seeing as the caravan and issues we had but I was told no. Not very happy about that but not much I could do , not very helpful to me unfortunately. I would warn visitors that depending on where you are placed caravan wise, you may not get much sleep as there are a lot of cravans near bar areas and children are up very late. The sheer volume of people make noise inevitable So overall a disappointing experience. Never mind!!

Room Tip: Avoid beach area caravans and anywhere near the clubhouse
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank LGJ1588
Devon_Cliffs_Exmouth, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review of your holiday with us although it is of course disappointing to receive such a negative review.

Whilst it is of course disappointing that your caravan was not as clean as you, or indeed we, would have liked we know that from time to time things do go a little wrong which is why we have a team on Park 24 hours a day who are able to respond to any issues which a guest may be facing. I'm pleased to note from your review that the team reacted as soon as they were made aware of the cleanliness issues.

Despite the poor start it's great to read how highly you're able to rate our restaurants and you're right, our beach is absolutely stunning but particularly when the weather is kind to us.

Hopefully we'll get to see you again so that we can fully restore your faith in us.

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Horrible experience. Had a lovely holiday at Devon Cliffs in a beautiful little caravan with my fiancé and 18 month old daughter. Unfortunately upon our return, we have received accusations of stealing a coffee machine from the caravan. Josh from Newmans was presumptuous of our guilt in his tone, bordering arrogant and rude.

It is not the fact that we have lost our £50 deposit, but being called a thief has disgusted me and humiliated us as a family.

Since leaving a review on the Facebook page, Newmans have altered their accusation and are now saying that we damaged a storage unit containing a personal item.

We did not ever see a coffee machine in the caravan. It is suspicious that there was never an inventory provided, which to me indicates that this could potentially be a scam. Newmans have not contacted the police. This surprises me, as this would be a criminal matter if there was any truth behind it.

We went to Devon Cliffs to enjoy a break as a family, which we did. However, the memory will always be tarnished by the hideous treatment of Newmans Holiday homes.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank Natalie H

Dear Guest,

Sorry to hear you had such a poor experience when booking through Newman's recently.

It is always a risk when booking with a private company that they do not have such a comprehensive insurance policy as Haven Holidays and so will always look to recover any costs for damage, no matter how accidental, from guests.

I do hope that this won't deter you from visiting us again and please do give us a call if you'd like to book direct with us.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

First and last time at Haven... Booked our annual family caravan break, thought we would try Devon Cliffs, biggest mistake i could have made. We arrived on site to find our van was not ready, so we thought we would take the time to look around. Went back a bit later, was given the keys and off we went excited to see our Deluxe caravan. Well to say i was mortified at the state of the caravan was an understatement. As soon as we opened the door you could smell the most horrendous smell of wet dog and filth, the carpets were badly stained and filthy, along with all the furniture and kitchen area i.e cooker, microwave & worktops. The sofas were that badly stained and threadbare that the springs were poking through. I did complain at reception but they insisted they had no free vans for us to swap and all they could offer is for the cleaner to come and give it a once over which they did, they even had to put duvets over the sofas to make them more bearable for us to use, but it made no difference what so ever. The van that we were allocated was also a Dog friendly van which baffles me as i didn't request this as i didn't have a Dog with me, so why we were given this van i do not know. My son and partner also became ill on the second day which i'm sure was due to filthy caravan. We spent as little time as possible in the van as we couldn't bare being in there any longer than necessary. My only regret is that i ever booked to stay at this site, i wont make the same mistake again!!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
11  Thank 85nia
Devon_Cliffs_Exmouth, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review, we have replied to your private correspondence regarding this matter.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2017

First time at Haven... booked with Newmans holiday homes... had a lovely deluxe caravan with veranda on damson green.. for a midweek break in October school hols,
Found haven reception very welcoming...the complex was a 4 / 5 mins walk away.. food shop was ok but being the last week shelves was not being stocked up.. the arcade was good.. the swimming pool was fantastic...the evening entertainment Singers was poor for a school holiday.. haven crew, was ok but found it a bit slow in between things going on .. beach was lovely.. and the site very clean. had a meal at he pub which was lovely and again the staff was very friendly.... Only down side was when they cut the grass on the Thursday,, our shoes was covered in grass, and kept on having to clean the veranda and just inside the caravan every time we came back to the caravan .
Looked on line for next year and the family passes have gone up by a extra £30.00 for the same midweek break, which I really don't think its worth it due to the evening entertainment .. on top of the price put on the caravan for 2018.
overall myself, 2 grandchildren and my husband had a nice stay, but I don't think we will be booking up for next year.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank MichelleH6503
Devon_Cliffs_Exmouth, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review of your recent private hire caravan at Devon Cliffs and I'm so pleased to read that you found the beach and Park overall to be so clean and tidy, we're in such a stunning location right on the Jurassic Coast.

We haven't yet released our prices for our Entertainment Passes next year so I'm not sure where you would have seen this. That said, don't forget that your passes are always included in the cost of your holiday when booking direct with Haven.

Thanks again and I do hope we'll get to see you again next year.