“Enjoyed Stay few minor niggles though”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exmouth
Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Hello just returned from our stay of 7 nights at devon cliffs

On the whole very good as usual been before so I know what to expect

On arrival wasn't happy with the caravan I had booked through the sun and thought I upgraded so the Caravan would include heating in all rooms and a dvd taking 2 young children this was a must

Went straight upto reception and chose to upgrade to the cost of £50 for this would be a 3 bedroom van with everything we did need for the week

Van was very nice as we pulled beside it and we were happy until we went in and it had not been cleaned at all since last people left I presume that day and dirty cutlery and bedding and toiletries were present Not impressed but Spoke to reception who quickly sent a team out to change bedding (We ended up cleaning it ourselves)

Caravan was based on tamarisk way which was about 10 minute walk to the entertainment area

During the week we took part in swimming on site, Beach, Arcade and entertainment clubs for the kids I have to say the funstars are fantastic funny and really comes across and enjoying there job most of all great with the kids and getting them involved they work hard and the team at present are a credit to Haven

Entertainment was Good didn't stay too late most nights but stayed for the kids section of the evening my only real gripe was my kids really looked forward to seeing the characters and I can understand Haven offering the chance of photos with the characters but every night and it really did take a portion of the time away that the young ones could have spent interacting or watching more of the characters (My kids did have pics done on 2 of the evenings)

Weather was Ok had some good sunny spells which is always welcome in March

Really enjoyed our stay bar the couple of points I did make neither though lessened our enjoyment of Devon Cliffs will be coming again

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hi jay1984,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us here at Devon Cliffs. I was so pleased to read that overall you had a great time with us. And your comments crediting the team and specifically the funstars is greatly appreciated and will be passed on.

I so sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with your accommodation. Once you upgraded to the caravan where you required heating, this should have been clean ready for you, and our sincere apologies that this was not the case. I do hope you brought this to our teams attention on park and everything was done to put matters right. If you would like to give me any more feedback direct regarding these matters then please email me direct on the address below. I will certainly be sharing this review with the leadership team so that we can review matters to stop them from happening in future.

I do hope despite this oversight you will return to us again in the near future, and don’t forget as a returning guest you are entitled to an extra discount, so keep hold of your reference number for last week’s booking.

There are newer reviews for Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We have been to this haven 3 times now and enjoyed them all :-) staff are happy and friendly, brilliant pool! And lots to do for all ages. Only problems we had were the evening entertainment when the microphones were used. Loud isn't the word, deafening!! If they just turned it down or didn't shout so loud into them then it would be really enjoyable. Also the showers in the pool go off after a few seconds which is highly annoying, the kids were screaming because they were getting cold. They Could do with staying on more then a second. I don't know anyone that showers or rinses off that quick!.... We are returning again end of April and we can't wait! Overall this is the best holiday we have had :-D

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank daniellejay50

Hi daniellejay50,

Thank you for your review regarding your visit with us last week. I was really pleased to hear your praise for the team, and that you found a variety of options to keep you all entertained.

I am sorry to hear the loudness of the microphones was overbearing, and the showers in the pool area cut out from what you say sooner than they should. I have passed your comments back to our Entertainment Team, and the Swimming Pool so that they can look into this and correct any issues.

Overall I’m glad you had a great holiday and hope to see you back here at Devon Cliffs soon. Don’t forget that if you hold onto your reference number and want to book to come back again this year or in 2015 you get a further discount as a returning guest.

DC Trip Advisor

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We took our 4 year old daughter Olivia to deven cliffs haven mid march 2014. We booked online and for a superior caravan it was £111! X bargain x we paid another £40 for Olivia to have 3 1-1 swimming lessons and daddy to do 2 archery sessions and a target shooting class x other then that children's bingo £2, 3 6by4 photos with the characters was £10 but you could take your own photos. There was many arcade machines to eat your money if you let it. The gift shop was pricey but only open in the evening so you could avoid it x there was everything on site including a spar which was reasonable x there's a Tesco within 2 miles, beautiful sea views out of our windows and a lovely seaside day to be spent with your bucket & spades x a little chilly so I'm glad we had spare quilts and jumpers!
Great day time entertainment.
Soft characters from. £6.99-£12.99. (The shop by spar had more choice on the soft toys at £6.99.)
The drinks at the bar were expectantly costly at £9.35 for one small wine spritzer, one pint of bitter and one small slush puppy.
The neds non starty party was good with the £3.50 party bag including a material lunch bag, a £5 ned balloon, a piece of fruit, juice, a muffin, a packet of haribo sweets and a small anxious figure.
We visited the www.worldofcountrylife.co.uk on the last day, just outside of the site £27 for 3 of us. Plus £3 for all of us to go on a train ride. The park was mostly undercover too which was good

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Kim B
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Kim82plus2,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at Devon Cliffs. We were really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, you found lots to do and that you would return.

Thank you for pointing out some handy tips and information to other, something that readers certainly appreciate hearing based on experience.

We hope that you do decide to return to us in the near future and should you return this year, or book for 2015 you will be entitled to an extra discount, so please keep your booking reference handy.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

What can I say
I had 2 phone calls telling me to upgrade my luxury caravan as it was bad weather
Luckily I did not !
Our van although very hard to find
The map was not an accurate representation and it took 30 minutes to find .
The caravan was very luxurious and radiators in every room and a very efficient heating system , the caravan was brand new and so glad I did not pay any more than I had as no need.
Fabulous sea views , lovely nautical decor , perfect location and thank you Devon cliffs as always a great site .
South beach cafe outstanding , complex very clean and we visited the spa and glad we dis but not worth the £25 sorry to say .
I will return and love Devon cliffs but a few little improvements needed and mostly the signage and accuracy of the map please ?

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank blighter48
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Hi blighter48,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us here are Devon Cliffs. It’s lovely to hear that you have given us a good rating and we are your favourite.

I am sorry that there was some confusion over locating your holiday home using our map. I would be interested to know a bit more detail on this, as they are new maps and this is the first kind of feedback we have had suggesting they do not represent the park. The map is thoroughly checked before going to print, but if there has been a mistake made, please let me know on the below email address so that we can get this addressed. Also any specific information you have regarding the signage.

Sounds like you were lucky to receive a free upgrade if you were in a caravan with heating. Some caravans that belong to owners also have this added benefit, but in future please bear in mind that this may not be the case as to guarantee heating make sure you book the correct grade. The team will courtesy call all guests that have booked any grade below a Deluxe Plus as any grade lower is more likely not to have heating as its not a feature of these grades.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the south beach cafe, and found the complex to be clean and tidy. Your comments about the Spa not being value for money has been passed on and we are very sorry this facility did not live up to your expectations. Again any more detail would be appreciated which you can pass onto me by the below email.

Despite some issues, I am pleased to hear that you would return to us again, and that overall you had a lovely time with us.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

devoncliffstripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Me and my two children had a brilliant time with DevonCliffs. This was our first holiday in four years, and our first visit to Devon. My eldest son, got to have a go on the trampolines which he loved, he said he felt like he was Superman, my daughter was to scared to try the trampolines out, but she loved the character Polly, she now talks how her and Polly are life long friends. I would like to say thank you to all the staff at DevonCliffs for making our holiday something to remember for life,especially Lee from security he was so jolly to greet us at the gates and made us feel very welcome, From the Mash and Barrel Grace recommended to get an ice cream in the Exmouth town and beach, which we very much enjoyed. Also Kevin from the mash and barrell was very helpful and kind,he put a smile on all our faces.The food is also Delicious and filling , we will be back! Thank you again DevonCliffs team.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Hi yummymummyliz,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us here at Devon Cliffs. I was really pleased to hear you and your family had a lovely time last weekend. Your son is definitely in the brave bunch trying out the trampolines, they are something that even myself wouldn’t be brave enough to give a go, so well done!

I loved hearing that your daughter has formed a lovely friendship with Polly. The seaside squad are forever friends with all our younger guests, and Polly will definitely love to hear this. I will make sure this is passed onto her.

Thank you for your kind comments about our team being helpful and friendly. Our team love to hear feedback when a guest experiences this kind of service, and this will be shared with them. Lee, Grace & Kevin will certainly be made aware of their special mentions, so thank you again for this.

I hope that you will come back and see us again in the not too distant future, and don’t forget as a returning guest you will be entitled to an extra discount on a second break for 2014, or when booking for 2015. Just have this year’s reference number to hand when speaking to our team.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My family of 6 ranging from the ages of 5 to 56 visited devon cliffs for the first time last august and we had an amazing time!! We have used many haven sites over the years but I have got to say this is our favourite by far! Kids had a fantastic time and felt safe at all times and us grown ups thought it was great too! Staff were very helpful, it was a very clean and tidy park and all facilities were good too. Very clean caravan great size for the 6 of us. Evening entertainment was satisfactory and there is something to cater for every age. I have seen some people complainig about the prices... yes maybe a few things are slightly overpriced but i wouldnt expect much less from a large park.. the way I look at it is holidays are a luxury so whilst your their just enjoy it :) we were so pleased with our week at devon cliffs that by november 2013 we had already booked to come back in august 2014!! This time we thought we would try something different so were staying in a newmans holiday caravan.. so hopefully the caravan and the customer service will be just as good as last year! Definatley a place to visit :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hi annoynimous,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay here at Devon Cliffs last August. I was really pleased to hear you and your family had such a lovely time. It's great that you and your family felt safe and secure whilst staying with us, and the team were on hand to help you have an amazing stay.

We appreciate your comments about the pricing of certain things, something that is looked at every year and reviewed, but also based at a competitive rate with other holiday parks and the local area.

Whilst you may be staying in a Newman’s holiday home this year, we hope that you have planned to purchase entertainment passes so that you will be able to enjoy all the facilities and the new bits for 2014.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you back here in August.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had an amazing holiday and would highly recommend visiting Devoncliffs, all staff we met were friendly and a few stood out as excellent, really making our two son's holiday special, Bobby from reception, ents manager Jamie, funstar Liz and zanette from the mash and barrell, always greeting us with a welcoming smile and constantly been helpful. The funstars and characters were brilliant with my boy's, one was nervous around the characters and the other loved them, funstar Liz and Bradley and Polly made sure my littlest boy got to meet the characters whilst not scaring my eldest :-) can't wait to go back

• Stayed: March 2014
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hi dancingmummy,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us here at Devon Cliffs over the weekend. I was really pleased to hear you had a fantastic stay, and your praise for the team in general as well as a few individuals was greatly received. It’s so nice to hear when our team have done a great Job, and these mentions will be passed back to them.

It’s great to hear your family got to meet so many of the team and characters and we hope to welcome you back to Devon Cliffs in the near future.

DC Trip Advisor Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmouth
Devoncourt Resort & Apartments
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Langstone Cliff Hotel
#1 of 3 in Dawlish
The Imperial Exmouth Hotel

Been to Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!