Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven
The Manor Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
$73
$68
$373
Priceline
The Imperial Exmouth Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
$63
Hotels.com
$90
  • Breakfast included
Devoncourt Resort & Apartments(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
$56
$44
Orbitz.com
Royal Beacon Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
$61
$52
Priceline
The Dolphin Hotel Exmouth(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
$95
Ashton Court(Exmouth)
$110
$93
PremierInn.com
$82
TripAdvisor
3,295 results
All reviewsmash and barrelsouth beach cafeburger kingon siteprestige caravanpapa johnsswimming poolsports barthe main complexfiring rangespar shopentertainment complexcrazy golfsoft play areaall agesfish and chip shopkids entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We went to Devon cliffs and stayed in a relatives caravan so we got the privileges of the owners pool and lounge. We had the pool all to ourselves and had no splashing! The crazy golf needs desperately updating but agaib we can't complain we got it half price with our owners card :-) laundry was also half price too. Some nice hot chocolate at the cafe/restaurant by the beach. A very nice little place on a nice day as u can sit out and see the sea. Only downside was an uncomfortable bed!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank sh33na83
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a great holiday caravan was very good pools great staff at outdoor activities were very good and helpfull south beach cafe was off a very good standard and food was great but a bit overpriced spent over £100 on a meal for 2 adults and2 children drinks extra Millys cafe at the polls was very good the only downside was the entertainment this was very poor we have found the fun star shows very repetetive and one night asked Jamie the manager if any thing better was going on for the rest of the week found him very curt and short on answers not what you would expect for a fun star leader may be out of his depth but will still come again

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was our third year returning to this site, we had originally booked for a prestige caravan but got an offer to upgrade to a platinum one, so we did and it was lovely with the veranda on and everything but it was spoiled by the people next to us, who were how can I say not pleasant, they had 4 adults and 3 children, during the day when they were there they locked the kids out on the veranda and on a night they sat out drinking and smoking, they were even smoking inside the caravan, it was a privately owned one (it said so in the window) so I wandered if they owned it but they did not as when the people came to clean it you could see they were not impressed, they had left everything inside, all the rubbish, food, dirty dishes etc, (this is why I would not hire one out if I owned it because someone will always spoil it for you.
Anyway besides being kept awake on a night you were then rudely woken up buy someone blowing leaves out of the carpark at 7am, I mean come on 7am!!!!!! do the laws of noise disturbance before a certain time not apply in caravan parks.
The amusements were kept clean and the machines were kept well stocked.
The swimming pool is a great size and has plenty to do in there, the changing rooms are great with family rooms designed for people with babies and disabled changing areas but the toilets were a disgrace, soap dispencers did not work, had dryers did not work, toilet seats falling off, floor swimming in water, you would think they would keep all areas as dry as possible but they do not ( not as much as I would deem acceptable). The showers stay on for 3 seconds and are far too hot for kids and babies and 3 of them did not work at all, the pool was very dirty in places with what I could only say was sand?? The scum marks around the pool were horrible and one of the filters near the big winding slide had bottles in it and other stuff?? Where did that come from???
I complained about the state of it all and was given a shrug!!!! Very Disappointing!!!!
We were on the beech on a nice hot day and I was playing with my son and his football and had 5 horses gallop past us, they did not seem to care for people on the beech and even did not care when the horses S**T on the beech and just left it!!!! I am guessing some were not pleased as one dog tried to eat it and another walked past us and had obviously rolled in it, not what you want on a beech you expect to be kept free of it.
The mini golf there is a disgrace, it was filthy and not been kept at all and they still charged full price, I guess you are paying extra for the rubbish, mud and lack of flags at tis time of the year.
I think that this park has seriously dropped it's standards this year and although I do like it here it is the first year I have not re booked to go back next year, which is a shame as we do like it there but I can not see the point of paying for half standards and end of season attitudes.
And there is no free wifi anymore, you get a 15min free session everyday otherwise you have to pay for it, also now they are hiring heaters for the caravans, another way to make money but you do not see anything for your money do you but dropped standards.
We had once looked into buying a caravan on this site but not anymore.

Room Tip: Get one with heating if you are going in colder times as you will need it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

As we arrived at Devon Cliffs we checked in and then we went in search of our caravan. Luckily there were plenty of parking spaces nearby but later in the week it started to become more full. (we stayed in the middle of September) On the day before check out we decided to go out so there's always the risk of losing a nearby parking space. This happened to us which was very annoying because we had to park further away from our caravan and then hope for a space which was nearer to us by the morning of checking out. As we walked into our caravan it looked spotless and clean apart from the odd stains on the carpets and furniture. The room looked spacious and the layout looked good. The main bedroom looked big but the twin bedrooms were very small. The beds were extremely uncomfortable with springs digging in to me and am 5'10 so the bed was too short! and kept waking up with backache. The toilet was quite small but the en-suite was a fair size. The en-suite door was stiff and had to really slam it to shut it. There was no bathmat which made it more difficult to get out the shower without slipping! I read a review on the net saying that the shower fluctuates in the morning. I had a shower later in the evening and the shower went cold. When's the best time to have a shower? The kitchen was well equipped with a toaster, kettle, cutlery, tin opener, Pyrex bowl and lid with microwave which we found very useful, when preparing meals in the caravan! Bring your own potato peeler because it kept falling apart. In the lounge there was plenty of seating. The other downsides were there was a small TV which was a lot smaller than my laptop screen in a prestige caravan?! We had a few problems with the TV and dvd remote but were quickly sorted by friendly maintenance man. The heating worked brilliantly which was well needed! The view of the sea was lovely! The caravan site was too big and could easily get lost when out for a stroll. The play parks are not very good. The park nearest to us looked like it was made out of scraps of wood. The other park was for 7+ and looked too high and not safe. Hiring towels was very difficult to do. It was only open 10-2 and even when we rang ahead to ask for towels receptionist couldn't think to get the towels and have them ready at reception for us to take to our caravan. When we arrived at 5.45 we were merely told we should return the next morning to hire the towels at 10.00am. Finding the hire shop shut we went to reception where a bored looking Kerys took keys and walked us to the hire shop enthusing about looking forward to her day off. The smell of damp hit us as we walked into the shed/shop and we waited while she looked for the towels. They were a motley bunch and not enclosed in hygienic plastic wrapping. For this 'convenience' we had to pay an extra £2 per towel and leave £10 deposit. They needn't worry my dog has better towels! Trying to return the towels at the end of our stay at 10.20am we found the hire shop shut. At reception we were told the woman who runs the hire shop was off sick. When we expressed surprise Devon Cliffs did not have a system of cover in place for when employees are off sick, Kerys said the hire shop was nothing to do with them; it is run by someone completely separate from Devon Cliffs. Seems odd for a service much needed by holidaymakers, to be hardly provided at all and for a massive holiday camp like Devon Cliffs to be fine with that. And on reflection, I think we were tired from our journey on arrival and didn't think to argue this, why didn't a receptionist walk us to the hire shop, unlock it and give us our towels the afternoon we arrived? Since that's what happened the next morning. We wouldn't have had to dry ourselves with toilet roll that first night then. 2 kids parks we saw were lousy. And the final moan is the caravan park is just TOO BIG. There are caravans as far as the eye can see and if you should venture out for a walk without clutching the site map, a real fear of getting lost. This is the first caravan park we have been to where we have not felt in any way part of a holiday complex. More we were one of many caravans just plonked on a hillside. We did not get the feeling staff were proud of the company 'they worked for'. If you just want a base and get a caravan, with a sea view, then it's not bad. If you're looking to be treated like you matter and the staff are keen to make your holiday feel special, Devon cliffs might be a disappointment.

Room Tip: Ask for adjacent parking space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shelley S
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hi Shelly S,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay to Devon Cliffs. We are sorry to hear of your disspointment with our park. It sounds like this must be your first visit to Devon Cliffs, and that you were unaware that we are the largest caravan park in Europe with 1800 vans. We can assure you that no matter how large our park is, all our teams are truely dedicated to their roles and help us to retain our 5 star rating. And we are dissapointed that the service our team provided to you failed to meet your expectations.

We have passed a copy of your review onto the Guest Relations department who have asked you to contact them direct to discuss your concerns. Please email them at devoncliffstripadvisor@haven.com

Kind Regards

The Devon Cliffs Team

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed in a private caravan on Karo Place (Richardsons Caravan Lets) here last weekend. I have to say I was very impressed with Devon Cliffs. It is a vast site and yes a little bit hilly, but the facilities are great and me and my son had a great time. Heres a few of my thoughts

Spar - didnt find it overly pricey and it was well stocked with very nice staff
Gift Shop - my biggest surprise. I expected alot of expensive stuff in here, but found a lot of the items very reasonably priced and my son picked a couple of toys up during our stay and I spent no more than £15
Mash and Barrel - typical pub food in nice surroundings with quick service. Had the slider burgers there that were tasty but lukewarm as though they were pre prepared and then assembled rather than cooked to order. Tables were clean, but menus were often stained and sticky which let it down a bit
South Beach - A little more expensive then the M&B, but I had a delicious steak here overlooking the sea and my sons kids meal was also very nice.
Papa Johns - great quick delivery to the caravan of a very nice pizza on our first night
Entertainment - we only saw the kiddies shows, but they were fun and all the kids seemed to enjoy them
Pools - very nice, we had an enjoyable couple of hours splashing around and playing on the slides etc.
Beach - yes, there was some seaweed, but it's a beach! :-) Had some fun running around and playing on the rocks. Bit of a steep path, but good for our leg muscles

We obviously stayed out of season so could easily get seats at shows and food etc. In season I expect its very busy, but I will definately give it another visit.

Room Tip: I used Richardsons Caravan Lets. Great, clean private caravan in a lovely sea view location. I highly recommend them
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family