“My deaf brother done WakeBoardin”
Review of Exewake

Exewake
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are a Devon based watersports school specialising in wakeboarding, waterskiing and inflatable rides. We are lucky enough to be located on the River Exe Estuary near Exmouth enabling us to operate in calm waters surrounded by stunning scenery. We offer groups and individuals of all ages and abilities the chance to get out on the water and try, practise or perfect a number of different watersports. We are a British Water Ski and Wakeboard accredited site which means we meet the highest standards of good practice for commerical waterski and wakeboard centres. To find out the best activity for you, please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hi all at EXE WAKE my bro done a wake boardin session with you guys on the 18th July 2013 and I just wanna say that thank you to James and Adam who taught him. They were really great with him considering that he was deaf, he wants to say thanks to them because they didn't treat him differently like other people to they did consider his disability but they treated him like a normal person which my brother likes he doesn't like being treated differently because he has a disability. once again thank you they say that they don't want anyone left behind because of a disability and he wasn't thankyou he had an amazing time :)
From his sister Hannah

"sea"
"encouraging"
"loads"

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently moved down to Budleigh from further up the South West and, as a long time keen skier, was missing getting out on the water so thought I'd better give Exe Wake a try - and I am so glad I did.

I am a very lazy skier at heart and have always done my skiing on a lake behind a professional ski boat in all but dead flat calm conditions, so I approached Exe Wake with some trepidation given their licensed area is out in the (very) tidal estuary and subject to all sorts of wind and tide conditions as well as loads of passing craft but I need not have worried and I had a great set in some lovely clean water that was nice and flat at the top of the tide.

James and Adam were very professional and looked after me very well and I shall be back very soon! Only 'complaint' as such is that I was so out of condition I couldn't last the full 20 minutes of ski time I was entitled to!

Thanks Guys!

1  Thank MWJB2605
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've just finished two days of wakeboarding with exe wake one a trip with my school and it has been amazing. Before this trip, I had never rode before, and by the end of the course I was almost doing wake-wake jumps and 180's. The instructors were very good, they helped us get to grips with wakeboarding and showed us how to do everything we asked. They are fully equipped with two boats, multiple wakeboards, ringo's and other inflatables, the experience was great.
Thanks very much for such a sick course
Cheers
Ben

1  Thank Ben M
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Exe Wake is a place you just must go to when visiting Exmouth, not only do you actually learn how to wakeboard effectively, you'll have tons of fun at the same time. Mark and Tim make it a great trip , teach you really well in their chilled out way and make safety paramount without being intrusive. Fab time.

1  Thank Mike9Ri
See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Superb time with speed boat and ringos for my son's birthday. Tim and Georgina made the hour a pleasure and we will certainly be back, haven't seen some of the kids ever smile that much! Tim was extremely good with our 10 year old who was upset he couldn't have a go as he had a broken foot - made our day much easier by giving him something special to do that way laid the upset! I had also mucked up the booking which they sorted smoothly and without hassle ( for us anyway!)
We will certainly be back soon, can't recommend them highly enough.

1  Thank lahlk