“Can't fault it!”

Bumble and Bee
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Exmouth
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in the tranquil setting of Manor Gardens, Exmouth the Bumble and Bee provides a relaxing environment to enjoy hot drinks, fresh coffee, award winning cream teas, home made cakes and delicious sandwiches and platters.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have just been for lunch at Bumble and Bee. I have been to Exmouth since I was a child and knew it as the old tourist information centre, but, it looks much nicer than it ever did before.

We have a small dog, so elected to sit at the rear of the property, where there were plenty of benches and shade. Although if you wanted you could sit inside or at the front where there was plenty of sunshine. Something to suit everyone I think.

The food was fresh, tasty and smelt delicious. It was made as requested (I am not a fan of sauces or stuff like that) and it was lovely to think it was made there and then, not just grabbed off the side. Must admit I was gutted that we were too late to have the spanish omlette though as that was what I really wanted.

Service was quick and faultless. I am not big on people over fussing when you are having your food.

This place speaks for itself, if you like modern food, in a lovely environment at good prices then go to Bumble and Bee.

Can't wait for our next visit!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had lunch last Saturday. Had excellent lunch- very fresh ham baguettes with coleslaw and salad. Nicely presented. Staff could not have been more welcoming and friendly! Will return on next holiday.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I took my 90 year old mother for a cream tea and was unable to find a suitable table outside so went into the cafe. I waited several minutes to be served while the only person serving chatted to the other customer. When I did get served I found the cream tea to be delicious, although I had to ask for butter. The scones were warm and there was loads of cream and jam. At £6.50 it was quite expensive but I guess you pay for the location. I would go again but only for a treat as it is too expensive to make it a regular trip. On another note, the young boy who was helping was very industrious and helpful and a credit to the owners.

1  Thank Bungalowannie
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I can agree with some of Annie 5555’s review of Bumble Bee. Like Annie 5555 we live in Exmouth. For many other posters it seemed to be their first Trip Advisor post! We have a coffee out almost every day so we are potentially quite valuable repeat business. Though there are many places to have coffee in Exmouth few stand out. We find ourselves frequently going to Otterton Mill. We were recommended to try Bumble Bee but were warned that we may have to accept some limitations with respect to service.
So what was our experience and would we become regular customers? There is outside seating both in the sun and shade which is good but the outside seating in the sun is not in an attractive location and the outside seating in the deep shade under the trees will be too cool in anything other than a warm summer day. . The coffee was very good – one of the best in Exmouth and the price was OK such a good large coffee. The interior is quite quirky and the design nice – I agree that the drawings on the walls are very interesting-, though the layout of the tables could be better and the two sofas seem to get in the way, especially when it is busy.
The main limitation was the lack of warmth on the part of the staff (owners?) and some other aspects of the service. My personal feeling was that they behaved at times like amateurs in this business and that they were not particularly interested in customers as evidenced by their coolness and lack of empathy. We have been there 5 or 6 times. Some staff are better than others however there is not a feeling of being welcome, there is a reluctance to smile and few acknowledge you when you leave.

3  Thank NomadicTraveller7
Reviewed August 24, 2013

If quirky places are your thing don't miss this. Lovely friendly place with home made cakes etc. What makes it quirky? The wonderfully executed wall of cartoon drwaings. you can spot them hiding all over the place. Amusing for children which are well catered for with pencils books and more. The hanging lamps will make you smile ,they are made from tea pots!