“Very nice takeaway”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Very nice takeaway”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Live just across the road, and decided curry would be better than soup, friendly welcome, no one in the restaurant, ordered 1 chicken tikka masala, 1 pili rice, 1 garlic naan, and 2 popadoms ... All very tasty and very generous portions, my partner even liked the tikka since it wasn't too sweet but had spice instead which most Indians in town don't do ... Over all very enjoyable

• Visited November 2013

“All round brilliant service!!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We ordered take away for the first time from here and i don't ever do trip advisor but I was so impressed with not only the perfect timing they gave us for delivery and it actually arriving, but the food was outstanding and they chucked in a few extras! I am a bit picky with my spice so I described what I liked and the chap on the phone recommended a dish that I have to say was perfect!!! Thank u so much and you will defo be receiving our business again and I will recommend u to all my clients at 'Taylor made nails'
Many thanks :o)

• Visited December 2013
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Good service but left unexcited by the food.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We took advantage of a Groupon offer to pay a second visit to the Spice Lounge, having last eaten there in its first month of opening and been somewhat underwhelmed.

There was no problem booking and the staff were very attentive, helpful and polite. The food arrived in comfortable time, allowing time to talk but without sitting waiting uncomfortably.

The portion sizes were generous, but rather than tantalizing the taste-buds, the food could only be described as 'fine' or 'OK' and we left rather disappointed.

The staff were happy to put what was left in take-away boxes and we did enjoy these the next day (generous portions, as already mentioned). In fact, that was when I tasted the mango in my main for the first time!

A nice evening out, but more because of the company than the food. Sadly we will be visiting town for our next few curries before I venture back to the Spice Lounge in a hurry.

1 Thank SunnyinEX8
Somerset, England
“Rude owner!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I went to this restaurant last night with my girlfriend and if it wasn't for the owner it would have been quite pleasant. We went with a GroupOn voucher for £19 for 2 people (starter and main) which is quite reasonable. We showed the voucher and the waiter accepted and then we ordered. While eating our starter, another man came to our table and said our voucher was not valid on Sundays and that we'd need to pay the full amount which was £39.50; more than double what we agreed to at the start! He was very rude in his approach and was looking at his mobile half the time rather than having the courtesy to actually give me his full attention. We argued with him for a couple of minutes and he eventually gave in and accepted our voucher, although I simply wouldn't have paid anything more as it was their fault they accepted the voucher in the first place. This put an end to atmosphere which was a shame as the waiter was very friendly and attentive. At the end we said everything was lovely except for the very rude man demanding more money from us and it turned out it he was in fact the owner. I've had poor before service but nothing this rude. Maybe the owner is the reason we were the only people in his restaurant.

4 Thank Farran D
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food, excellent service”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I visited for a work meal with colleagues and we all agreed that it was amazing.

We were greeted warmly and promptly served some drinks along with a menu upon being seated in the restaurant.

The restaurant itself is clean, well lit yet subdued and had a great atmosphere about it.

The staff were knowledgeable about the dishes on offer and guided our choices based on what we each liked. That was fantastic.

I had a wonderful prawn Puri to start, followed by a wonderfully aromatic chicken jalfrezi. Both were superb. The rice was aromatic and even our poppadoms and chutney selection was great. Hot, crisp poppadoms (which can be a rarity!)

I would return again and again to this restaurant. The taste and the service were second to none.

• Visited December 2012