“Great authentic food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
United Kingdom
“Great authentic food”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I called in for an early evening meal.The staff were welcoming. I love Biryani and this was the best one that I have had. I choose this type of meal as I don't like too much sauce and the vegetable sauce is served seperately allowing me to choose the amount that I add but the Biryani was cooked to perfection and very moist that I didn't need the sauce . Looking forward to going again

• Visited December 2012

United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The restaurant is large comfortable and very clean the staff made us feel very welcome and the food was delicious - very tasty .

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Woodybay
Exeter, United Kingdom
“great food and service”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

4 of us went here mid-week, it was a bit quiet with only about a dozen of us in there so we didn't know what to expect...we needn't have worried ..the food was really good, we all ordered different things and each meal was a completely different taste, not the same sauce with a twist as we got at Denleys in Topsham recently (won't be going back there)!!...the Biriani was superb......the rice's and breads were really good.......we will be back!!

• Visited November 2012
spice l, Manager at Spice Lounge, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
thanks for your review.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Last week my friend and I took our wives to the Spice Lounge Exmouth. Having parked in the large car park to the rear of the site we entered the restaurant. We were welcomed by a smartly dressed gent who took our names and then escorted us to our table, which had been set up for us. At the table the wine waiter took our order and we looked through the varied menu. What a good choice of meals. Our waiter took our orders and asked if we required further refreshment. Another round of drinks were ordered.
The food arrived (three different choices) together. All well presented and I must say the volume was rather a lot for me. Due to the size of the portions, it did enable us to try each others meals.
All very tasty and enjoyable.
The service, atmosphere and music made for a good evening.
Overall a pleasant surprise for us all. Thankyou.

• Visited November 2012
Devon, UK
“Great food!!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went here with 8 of us and we all ordered the "buffet" meal - NB this isn't a help yourself buffet, it's starter, main, bread, rice, side. It works out excellent value.

The food is really lovely and there are plenty of dishes to choose from - some a little more unusual than your standard Indian Restaurant so great for people who like something different - loads of fish dishes too :-) Portions are a reasonable size and the breads are lovely and fresh.

The restaurant was very quiet when we went, but it was late afternoon on a Sunday; the waiter said they are very full on a Saturday. It would be good to see some steadier custom so the restaurant can really make a go of things.

I'll definitely be going back and would highly recommend!!

• Visited October 2012