“changed for the worse”

Ranked #27 of 128 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Grove is a Traditional Pub with a large garden on the Seafront in Exmouth. Welcoming, Families and Dogs in all areas of the pub.
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I've eaten at this Exmouth pub for years. Sadly the menu has been simplified to the detriment of a proper choice. My guest and I reluctantly ordered burgers and were very disappointed to find that the chicken was tough and burnt on the outside. My son's haddock and chips was good however. No complaints with the service which was excellent, but for over a tenner for a burger it needs to be cooked properly.

1  Thank Toby H

Reviewed August 9, 2014

A friend and I sat upstairs on the balcony on a hot summer evening and shared a delicious bottle of chilled prosecco.
I had mussels. A HUGE bowl served with double chips for me because I'm wheat-free. Usually you would get bread and chips. Very tasty.
A really great place to sit and relax while enjoying good food. The view is really lovely. I'd definitely go back.
Friendly staff.
It gets busy!

1  Thank MagicDawn
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

On a short break to see in laws with our dog and wanted a nice pub meal to finish off a good Sunday and this certainly didn't disappoint. The food was good and reasonably priced and the dog was very welcome both in the garden and in the pub itself. Will definitely come back next time we are in the area. Globe burger is good but large! Crab salad very nice too.

1  Thank 7PaulaW
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Nice Garden, good menu reasonably priced with fast cheerful service.
Food of good quality and large portions.
Wide range of beers.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

It's only a pub, but a very nice pub, nice ambiance, friendly staff, good fresh food. Since we moved to Exmouth last year we've been there many times, and never disappointed. it seems to be a friends and family pub even dogs are welcome! The garden and the terrace are a plus.
Definitively to be recommanded