“We Are All Never Too Old To Learn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stuart Line Cruises

Stuart Line Cruises
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Exmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: So much of Devon is available by road but what about the stunning scenery and wildlife only visible by boat? Ensure you don’t miss out, take a trip with Stuart Line Cruises, Exmouth. Throughout the year you can sail on the River Exe, home to thousands of migrating winter birds and year round residents. During the Summer you can sail the Jurassic Coast Line viewing 250 million years of history or leave the car behind and sail to a local resort such as Torquay or Brixham. There’s no excuse not to discover the history, beauty and wildlife of Devon!
Exmouth, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“We Are All Never Too Old To Learn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Last Sunday, 29th September, my partner and myself boarded Stuart Lines flagship vessel, The Pride Of Exmouth, and had the most wonderful boat trip that I think we have ever been on. Everything about the trip was perfect, right from prior to boarding the craft. We collected our boarding passes from the ticket office from Phillippa who, when we explained that our party had diminished from 4 to 2, insisted on refunding the cost of the 2 unused tickets even though we didnt ask. The actual cost of the trip was £8 each per adult and £6 each for children. Incredibly good value in my opinion.

We then queued up for a short time before being happily greeted by Ian and his staff who are always very cheery. As we set sail Ian took us through all the usual safety regulations and explained the trip and how long it would take. As I had lived in Exmouth all of my life I was pretty certain that there would be very little that Ian and his staff would be able to tell me that I didn't know already but was looking forward to hearing what he had to say anyway.

Well, how wrong can you be? Within 10 minuts of setting sail I had learnt 10-12 facts about Exmouth and its history, and for the next 2 hours we were regailed with snippets of information about everything under the sun, all told in Ian's dry manner.

Couple this with the staff going around to everybody on board, around 200 passengers I believe, and offering us all refreshments, at prices that are cheaper then just about all local cafes and bars I just knew that this was going to be a memorable experience.

The trip up The Exe was fascinating with all sorts of points of local and/or historical facts and interests being pointed out. And then we moved into the network of canals linking the river to Exeter Quay passing through both Turf Lock & Double Locks, well this was an absolutely brilliant part of the journey! Seeing all of the different widlife and watching bridges, that I had driven over thousands of times, opening and closing was a bizarrely joyous experience. Even when we travelled along the back of the industrial estate there was so much to learn about the area.

When we reached The Quay it was such a shame that we had to get off. I can honestly say that 2 hours or so has never passed so quickly and so entertainingly in my life.

Ian, Phillippa and all of your superb staff, you are a credit to the town and I cannot wait until we book quite a few more trips with you all. As the headline says we are all never too old to learn.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A pleasant afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Kept this trip until the end of our stay in Exmouth, it was worth it.
An hour and a quarter for £6 each and an excellent commentary informative and interesting.
What better way to spend an afternoon, there was certainly more birds seen on this estuary trip than on the Seaton Tramway one.

1 Thank ray_sunshine
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've been on lots of cruises with Stuart Line - river trips, fireworks evening cruise, bird watching, Santa Christmas with grandchildren, Torquay day out, Jurassic Coast geological cruise and the very wonderful Exeter Canal cruise. I can sincerely say that there is nothing at all to find fault with. The boats are great, colourful and safe and friendly in atmosphere. ALL the staff are friendly, helpful, funny yet professional at all times. The cruises are interesting and it is obvious that a lot of thought has been put into making each cruise special in some way. The commentaries are always informative and amusing.. The skipper also takes the iniatative sometimes to make a small diversion or slow down a while if he spots something interesting for the passengers e.g dolphins or an interesting flock of birds, or skirting around some stacks of rock for a closer look. The prices are good too - you never get the feeling that you are being ripped off and around £8 for a two and a half hour trip is amazing value! Everything is geared towards making every cruise the best experience possible for the passengers.

Thank you Stuart Line!

Visited August 2013
Exmouth, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Exeter Canal Cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Relaxing cruise along the Exeter Canal. Very informative commentary, pointing out all the points of interest and a interesting cruise from Exeter to Exmouth. Crew extremely helpful and friendly
The perfect way to spend an afternoon

3 Thank Nozzy1962
Frome, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stuart line cruises are amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

From the minute I sat down, til the end of the trip, I was looked after and nothing was too much trouble..the staff were all very well presented and very helpful, the commentator gave us good information as the boat went along and even stopped or 20 minutes whilst a pod of dolphins swam around us. We have had several trips with Stuart line and feel you get excellent value for money, and a lovely relaxing day. Booking is essential as the cruises fill up really quickly. Keep up the good work :)

Visited May 2013