“Great day”

Stuart Line Cruises
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Exmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: So much of Devon is available by road but what about the stunning scenery and wildlife only visible by boat? Ensure you don’t miss out, take a trip with Stuart Line Cruises, Exmouth. Throughout the year you can sail on the River Exe, home to thousands of migrating winter birds and year round residents. During the Summer you can sail the Jurassic Coast Line viewing 250 million years of history or leave the car behind and sail to a local resort such as Torquay or Brixham. There’s no excuse not to discover the history, beauty and wildlife of Devon!
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went on the Red Arrows trip on Aug 29th and I'm so glad I did. The weather was atrocious on the trip to Brixham, and had I been prone to sea sickness I would have cancelled, as indeed a couple of my friends did. I imagine Stuart Line went ahead with the trip because it was a special event, and under the circumstances they did everything they could to make it as enjoyable as possible. Bad weather is nobody's fault, and in the end the decision to go or not to go rests with the individual. The crew worked hard cleaning up the inevitable messes, and managed to maintain a drinks service throughout. My one suggestion is that a high level grab rail would be helpful. I didn't dare leave my seat in case I landed in someone's lap, or grabbed onto something I shouldn't!

Once in Brixham the weather cleared, and the rest of the day was wonderful. I have seen the Red Arrows several times, but from our position out in the bay it was the most spectacular experience ever. The trip back was beautiful; the calm sea enabled the boat to hug the coast and we were treated to the usual interesting and humorous commentary.

So well done Stuart Line. Good value, good fun, and all my family want to join me next time!

3  Thank SOHExmouth_UK
stuartlinecruises, Front Office Manager at Stuart Line Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

We are very glad you enjoyed your trip with us despite the weather. I will pass your comments on with regards to a grab rail. We do try to make the journey as smooth as we can but Mother Nature is not always kind.
We hope to see you again in the future, we also view the Red Arrows at Dawlish and will put up information on our website as soon as possible

All reviews
"open deck"
"christmas cruise"
"lovely cruise"

Reviewed September 22, 2012

you can only see so much of devon by road but what about the stunning scenery and wildlife only visible by boat? don’t miss out, and take a trip with Stuart Line Cruises, Exmouth.
see the red cliffs of the jurrasic coast,beautiful blue sea ,we went in july fantasic sunny weather,
and the boats are dog friendly.
cruises run throughout the year you can sail on the River Exe, home to thousands of migrating winter birds and year round residents. During the Summer you can sail the Jurassic Coast Line viewing 250 million years of history or leave the car behind and sail to a local resort such as Torquay or Brixham. There’s no excuse not to discover the history, beauty and wildlife of Devon!,all the boats carry life jackets and life rafts, if you are a nevous sailor take a trip up the river exe,always pretty calm,toilets provided on board,also food and drink,an experience not to miss

3  Thank tedrogers

Thank you for your review, we certainly agree that the boats are an excellent way to view the area, we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Me & my bride of forty odd years went on the River Exe tour with Stuartlines it was the best value for money we had to spend.Not only was the pilot of the boat informative his mate was very accomodating with serving refreshments through out the journey.It was a bit blowy up top when we were going up the river but what do you expect on a boat trip on open water we went below for a bit but when we turned arround it was less blowy.So it was on top for us again where you could get a better view of the river.If I ever go back to Exmouth I will take one of there other tours that they avertise.

2  Thank Exminer1948
stuartlinecruises, Front Office Manager at Stuart Line Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your review, we are very glad that you enjoyed your trip with us and that our crew ensured you had an enjoyable
We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stuart Line should not have put there boat on the sea as they did on Wednesday 29th August, the sea was far to rough they asked people to go upstairs if the felt ill 3/4 of the passengers were ill or felt ill, the stairs were wet and slippery so very dificult for the elderly and mothers with young toddlers. If you did venture upstairs you got soaked with the spray and the rain as it was so windy. I did ask for a jesture of good will as we came back on the bus & train as my Grand Daughter would not step foot on the boat and say's she will never again to be told we missed a very good trip. (ha ha) I don't think so, we have found out since they stayed next to the shore going back to Exmouth as it was a smoother trip shame the didn't do that going over to Brixham. My advise if you don't like the look of the sea cancel your trip not saying you will get your money back though.

stuartlinecruises, Front Office Manager at Stuart Line Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

We would like to highlight that this review was posted by a member of the family from the reviewer below.
We have discussed their complaint throughly with them and clearly explained our reasoning and response.
As a boat trip company we are at the mercy of the weather and had the family chosen not to sail we would have refunded monies or transferred them to another date
We do not feel it would be professional to comment further on this private individual complaint

See more reviews
Reviewed August 30, 2012

got wet walking to docks;boat was there ready so everybody piled downstairs.sea was nasty so most people(including me) felt a bit queezy but the boys were good on checking everybody was okay.got to brixam 2hrs later where we had 2hrs to look around;we had nice fish chips,walk around;got back for 30mns trip to torquay;weather had improved,walked around;left at 5 40 to get under flight path for red arrows;they gave us ther usual brilliant display.ian then took us close to the shore for the 2hr trip home;which was smooth and very relaxing.as usual i have nothing but praise for ian ,his son and crew and i can see why they have already won a trip advisor award.as a local coach driver i also know that are very good to visting coach drivers.

3  Thank john p

Thank you for your review, we are very glad you enjoyed your trip with us despite the intial disappointing weather
We hope to see you again in the future