“Excellent food and service”
Review of Michael's Restaurant - CLOSED

Michael's Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Exmouth, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have just visited Michael's restaurant and cannot say how much we enjoyed the cuisine. The quality of the food was superb, and each course was as good as the previous one. The service was excellent. We would highly recommend Michael's and plan to visit again very soon.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sharon K

“WOW. JUST FANTASTIC!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Another fantastic evening. The local asparagus with poached egg and Parma ham was sublime as was the Seabass with risotto from the specials board. I'm on a gluten free diet and the chef prepared little gluten free rolls and a delicious gluten free brownie to go with coffee. An absolute gem of a little restaurant with great front of house staff as well.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Reeganbilly
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“"Just amazing quality food and service"”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Again my evening at "Michaels Restaurant" was truly amazing. So welcoming and so clean, a table is always ready the service is excellent and the food well I cannot fault it. Michael a pure genius and his partner Jenny front of house runs the restaurant like clockwork! An amazing young couple. Not only is the food top quality the restaurant is so relaxing and calm. I am so looking forward to my next visit. I recommend "Michaels Restaurant" you will NOT be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant in Exmouth by Far”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food and the service are both excellent and merits more than 5 stars. This is a real treasure of exquisite food, cooked by owner chef Michael who cares passionately about food and how it is presented to you. I mark all restaurants/cafes etc out of a maximum 10 for meeting and greeting, presentation of food across each course, taste of food across each course, plus the all important service - wait time, explanation, general rapport. Rarely does a restaurant ever score the maximum marks across the board. This restaurant achieves that high accolade. Michael's partner, Jenny, is simply lovely and is great front of house.

I had muscles in a local beer sauce. My cooking instincts were saying "I've not had this before - beer and muscles won't go." It was amazing. The balance between the fresh sea tasting muscles, the beer and the cream was a marriage in heaven. My main course of lemon sole was beautifully and elegantly presented, (see picture) and was again the perfect balance of fish with the different sauces on my plate. It was perfect.

I am going to wax lyrical about my desert. In 1992 I had the most amazing creme brûlée in a restaurant in Belgium. Nothing has ever come close in all these years until last Friday at Michael's. Michael served his creme brûlée in a wide ramekin dish, which means the whole dish is warmed by the heat to the top. It had not just been pulled out of a fridge with a brittle top - that is not proper creme brûlée. The custard was perfect in flavour and consistency and warmth. I could not fault it. I will be returning to Exmouth for creme brûlée.

We ate in a number of restaurants during our stay in Exmouth. Michael's is by far the best we experienced and we will certainly be dining at Michael's again.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Penny G
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Exquisite food and excellent service”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Tucked away on a quiet pedestrianised street, this small restaurant was a delight. Chef and owner Michael provided exquisite food, and his partner Jenny charmed us with excellent service. The menu uses local produce and the standard of cooking is very high. If the braised lamb shoulder is on the specials menu when you go, I highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013