“fairly regular user”

Ranked #42 of 135 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Farmhouse in Exmouth is a family-friendly pub located in Exmouth. We are famous for big value pub food and a well stocked bar with a great choice of drinks, beers and wine.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have lived in Exmouth for a little over a year, and I have become a fairly regular diner/drinker. My previous opinion of Hungry Horses was reasonable cost, but you only got what you paid for. The Farmhouse,however, in my opinion,is the best managed Pub/ Restaurant I have been in (I've been in a few.) Most of the staff are long serving and the food is as good as you get at this level. The ribeye steak I had yesterday (specials board) was excellent (£11.99 with all the trimmings). I would thoroughly recommend it, but do book!
From above you can see that I use The Farmhouse often, but I will confirm that I have not been solicited to write this review, and none of the staff know my name.
The only small criticism is that the bar is too small at busy times, but after all it was a farmhouse.

3  Thank Mike C

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We visited The Farmhouse for four consecative nights while we were on holiday, we found the pub very welcoming and menus and special offers great. Food was quick and good quality. Will visit again

1  Thank Samanatha D
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a very enjoyable meal this bank holiday weekend and stayed for some drinks.
The service from order to completion of meal was excellent.
The steak was cooked to perfection and the staff could not do enough to ensure our experience was as enjoyable as possible.
Although busy they seem to cater extremely well and the atmosphere of the place is great.
My wife and I particularly enjoyed the layout where families can enjoy a meal and also those without children can sit and enjoy time together.
There is a clearly signed over 18 area and it seems that any comments that refer to children not welcome have probably ignored the sign.
My family have visited with children and we have had an equally enjoyable and welcoming experience.
With an excellent and quite large menu and the very reasonable prices this place cannot go wrong.
Highly recommended

1  Thank Stix30
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our party of four adults and two children have no complaints about any of the food dishes we ordered. The food was great. The service however needs working on. The staff are not the most welcoming, or very adapting. Although children are allowed there to eat you get the feeling they don't really want them. Shame really, it has great potential. I would return to eat again as the food was very good.

1  Thank Chrissmith78
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We visited The Farmhouse last night (Friday) had a great time the service was excellent and all in all an excellent atmosphere. Will definitely be calling again.

1  Thank Julie S