“Awesome Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #30 of 128 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Grapevine is a Pub in the centre of Exmouth, serving local ales, its own brewed beer craft beer and excellent food. We are just off the town centre near the Strand and are family friendly and dog friendly. The award winning Ruby Kitchen, previously situated in Exeter licensed our kitchen in January 2017 and now serves an extensive range of delicious burgers, specials, salads, shakes ans waffles. Kids menu is available and food can be purchased to take away. All ingredients are sourced locally and all meals are made fresh on site. Open 12-9pm daily.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Popped in on Sunday lunch time, Great pub nice atmosphere and lay out.
Had the 2 course Sunday lunch for £10!, was superb and amazing value.

All parts beautifully cooked especially the veg.

Also great variety of ale’s and friendly chatty staff, very impressed

Will be back soon

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I read other reviews and really wonder if they went to the same place as I my wife and I. We have an excellent range of restaurants in Exmouth yet we going back here at least once a week, why?

Because it is a great experience, what has happened to some of these other people seems unbelievable, but in fairness I did get shoddy service there once over a year ago but since it has been first class

It think you have to have a positive, adventurous mindset to enjoy the atmosphere and treat staff as you would like to be treated. Since I have retired this has been the place for me

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My evening began with an over priced coffee which was to be bought to my table. I had to go to the bar twice to ask where it was, as they had forgotten it. At the time there were only 10 people sitting at tables, so this wasn't due to a rush at the bar. My meal arrived quickly and consisted of rib eye steak which I couldn't chew, 4 mushrooms with the consistency of rubber, frozen chips that had been fried more than once and were full of oil, two under cooked onion rings and a hand full of rocket. The desert was a small piece of chocolate cake, gone in four mouth fulls, and a small pot of double cream. In my opinion this was an expensive below average meal. Very disappointing.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our first visit in the summer we were overcharged and then short changed!!!! We let it go, assuming very poor people worked there. After some persuasion, my husband reluctantly agreed to a second visit just before Xmas 2013. We were quietly watching the band, close to the stage, the landlord ( I subsequently found out) shouted at us , rudely demanding 'GET TO THE BACK OR GET OUT', we were somewhat perplexed to be shouted at in such a manner. The bouncer then came over shouting the same demands, as if we were some huge trouble makers. It would appear - 'if your face doesn't fit' - We decided to leave and went to a more friendly establishment. In shock we discussed the situation with four other individuals, who we subsequently found out have a similar impression of this establishment.

1  Thank oclupaca
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had a mussel starter ,the mussels were very good quality the sauce was really just cream.
Sadly the fish and chips tasted like they had been cooked in tired oil and the chips especially were crisp but greasy which must be quite hard to achieve. The quality of the seafood was good but was sadly let down by the cooking. The atmosphere was pleasant and the staff friendly but it did not feel like good value. Perhaps we made bad choices but the food on a menu should all be good.